cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG models popping/crackling sound from speakers survey

Panos_Ch
Level 7
Hey Guys!

I would like to ask for a favor from Gxxx owners but GLxxx or GXxxx are also welcome! On Windows 10,go to the Windows speaker volume (right end of the taskbar) and move the rod (preferably with a sharp move) to mute (left end). Does some popping/crackling sound come out of the speakers? Please write a comment below! I'm looking for people who DON'T have the issue and I'm not looking to fix it! Just to see if it's common among the aforementioned laptops! Thanks in advance! 🙂
9 REPLIES 9

Ancients
Level 10
G752VT - No popping sound
G74SX - No popping sound

Hey all,

I just wanted to add a small update so that I can make sure we are talking about the same sound. There is link below to the czechoslovak equivalent of dropbox and for those interested in letting me know about their laptops, I would appreciate if you download and watch the video in order to make it easier to compare. Be sure to turn it up a bit cos it's not very loud. Focus on it every time it reaches mute... Thanks once more in advance!

The link: http://www.uschovna.cz/en/zasilka/LICZD8539CADL763-MA7/

HKRebel
Level 7
G750JH No popping sound
Laptop: G750JH Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Edition
Processor: i7-4700HQ
Graphics Card: GTX780M (4GB)
Memory: 32GB
Storage #1: dual 128GB solid state drives (Raid 0) 256GB)
Storage #2: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Storage #3: 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD (In Blue Ray Bay)

patrioticalien
Level 7
GX700 had no sound issues

RuisuL12
Level 7
G752VT-DH72 have popping sound, just by doing the same thing from the video, sliding the volume bar from 0 to 100 and vice versa

Armesis
Level 10
G752VY, constant popping sound due to power saving features on the sub woofer, there is no official fix from asus.

2 times at the service already and the first time they claimed it was all good after the re-installation of windows (it wasn't), while the second time,after a detailed description from my side, they located it and claimed it's normal for these series...And they changed the MO/BO just to prove their point. That's why I'm having this thread. I am angry and without will to try anything more. It's a shame cos the computer is otherwise great but for people with sensitive hearing and OCD ( 😛 ) it's a deal breaker. I'm far away from where I bought it and this is the worst part. But how could I ever claim something if the official stance of Asus is that it's normal? Why GL502VT doesn't do it? Why GX series don't do it? It's the definition of abnormality and they want to get away with it...Totally disappointed!

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Unfortunately, if repair cannot solve the issue by replacing known good parts, you may need to try to get the attention of your local ASUS (technical) support to investigate it further (if they are separate from repair), but they also need to be able to duplicate this kind of issue on their end to escalate to others.

Anyway, if you haven't seen this thread about the G751 speaker crackling below, just wanted to run it by you too even though you probably do not have this series.
Not sure if it can help your situation, but sounds like some people were able to find some workarounds eventually although it doesn't sound like everybody was able to solve it.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?59248-G751-Sound-Crackling-Thread-(The-one-thread-to-rule-...

Sanctrum
Level 9
G751JY - I have it - that's why I developed the dedicated windows service to workaround, here:
(still not tested at Win10!)
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60761-G751-Sound-Crackling-Thread-(The-one-thread-to-rule-...

since registry edit was solving only part of my cracking/poping...