cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Motherboard & RAM] XMP Profile doesn't work

MrBougaerreip
Level 7
Hello,

I'm here today to resolve a problem between my RAM and my motherboard. Actually, both my BIOS and my OS don't recognise my RAM correctly.

My stuff is :

Motherboard : ASUS Maximus Hero VIII (BIOS version : 2202)

GPU : ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 O8G

Alimentation : Corsair RM750x 80PLUS Gold

CPU : Intel Core i7 7700k

RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32GB (4 x 8GB) 2666MHz

The problem is that in my BIOS and in my OS, I only have 16GB of RAM detected. (In my BIOS, the RAM's cadency is at 2133MHz instead of 2666MHz.

All my slots and my RAM modules are OK.

So I tried to enable the XMP profile in my BIOS to get the good values of my memory, but when I boot, I have an error message : "Overclock failed" and it asks me to change my configuration in my BIOS.

Does someone here know a solution to my problem?

Thanks in advance, MrBougaerreip

PS : English is not my first language, so it may be a little confuse 😛
5 REPLIES 5

damianme
Level 7
There are two things you might want to consider. First, if you have another set of RAM sticks, you can try them and enable XMP. If that doesn't crash, it could mean that the RAM modules that you have are faulty.

Second, if you've tried the above method and still crashes, it could possibly be the motherboard's BIOS. Try updating the BIOS and see if there are any improvements.

damianme wrote:
There are two things you might want to consider. First, if you have another set of RAM sticks, you can try them and enable XMP. If that doesn't crash, it could mean that the RAM modules that you have are faulty.

Second, if you've tried the above method and still crashes, it could possibly be the motherboard's BIOS. Try updating the BIOS and see if there are any improvements.

At the moment I feel stupid, but sooooo released.
I didn't know that a new version has been released, and it worked.
Sorry for the post and thanks for your rapid answer 🙂

For those who encounter the same problem, the 2202 version looks like not working and the 3201 works.

FuryA
Level 8
hi Mr,B

Does the 3201 XMP PROFILE works :confused:

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi Mr,B

Does the 3201 XMP PROFILE works :confused:

He just wrote it does....

emsir wrote:
He just wrote it does....

Sorry didn't see that 😞 Thank You reminder