cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Vcore ?

Jerok
Level 7
Hello Fellow ROG users.

After many years of hoping and dreaming i finaly bought and built my new I7 build.
The board of choise, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO.
CPU I7 7700K.
Memory of choise: Crucial Ballistix 2X8gb DDR4 @2400 (using XMP)
2 samsung ssds
asus 960 direct CU (that i brought from old PC)
Fractal design Define C
CPU cooler is Noctua NH-U14S

I am very happy with the build and temps seams fine.
However.
Here is why i am posting here.
I read all over the WEB that setting Voltage to auto is BAD.
and since i am totally not a Tweaker (yet) I decided to go here and ask.
I will provide an image showing how my temps and Voltages looked after running the ASUS ROG RealBench Stress test for for 15 min.
Does my Vcore look normal?
Temps to me seems fine?!?

Any aid is helpful.

/JeRok62811
6 REPLIES 6

Nate152
Hi Jerok

Welcome to the ROG forum and congratulations on an awesome build.

Temps and voltage look good and it's true on auto your cpu is getting over volted some.

You can try getting the voltage lower if you like this will lower temps even more but isn't necessary. For every day use and gaming max temp is 64c, for stress testing your temps are fine.

To get temps lower set the cpu core/cache voltage to adaptive, enter in 1.230v in the "Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage" then use a negative offset, It's trial and error so start with say a negative offset of - 0.030v, this should put your cpu voltage at 1.20v when under load. If it's stable keep lowering the voltage in 0.010 increments so next would be a negative offset of -0.040v which should put the cpu voltage at 1.19v when under load.

NemesisChild
Level 12
Welcome to the forum!

Temps in the low to mid-70's under RealBench load is actually very good.
Obviously the 2.49 Vcore being reported by HWMonitor is not correct. CPU-Z is usually more reliable and accurate.

I suggest monitoring the CPU-Z Vcore while under RealBench load to get an idea where it peaks. 1.232v at idle is normal at default/auto.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Nice temps. I wish I can say the same as mine. I try to make the OC the best I could using my z270 hero with the 6700K. even on 25C room temp (A/C) I have idle 32 c spikes on my cores and package on 36 (4.7 at 1.392). still working on that area on my H115i. nice temps. I wish I can do more on my lag of experience. even on that on Aida stress test does not pass on 80C. for a new guy on these I am ok with it. I hope that some day I can lear to do it on the right way. Congrats on the build*
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Chino
Level 15

Hello again and Thank you for all the replies.
I am very happy with the U14S looking at the temps I get with fans not blowing on max.

I did a new test and decided to make a screenshot during the stress-Test when the stress was on the 14th minute.
To me the Vcore set by the ROG Hero and ASUS is spot on?