cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RX 480 STRIX and Aura software No actual white for anything but the backplate logo?

scgt1
Level 8
So I just swapped a RX460 STRIX for a RX480 STRIX into my arctic build. Naturally I fired up the Aura software to switch the lights to white. Well the only thing that goes white is the backplate ROG logo. The letters on the side and the down lights in the heatsink are a freaking purple color. PURPLE? ASUS really?

Anyone else have this issue? I can change the colors to changing or what ever and they sync up with the down, logo, and backplate rog logo so if the side logo and downlights can change colors why don't they go actual white when the AURA software is set on static white?

I wanted more umph in my card but I sure didn't want purple or any other color but white. Had I known their software was a joke I would have went MSI for a white/black heatsink to match my build. Really disappointed in the Aura software this go around.
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Hi scgt1

The bar to the far right of the color dial is for the color white.

That is exactly how mine is set. The ROG logo is white but everything else is purple. Side note JESUS THIS CARD IS LOUD! lol I may put the RX460 back in for noise level alone forget the fact I have purple lights in my arctic build.

Nate152
Yeah white isn't exactly white for me either, it has a purple tint with the back plate having a yellowish tint.

Just a sec I'll show you a pic of mine.

Nate152
For whatever reason when I don't use the flash my pictures aren't very clear but you can see it has a purplish tint and the back plate logo looks yellow.

Bahz
Level 12
Unfortunately it's limitation with the LEDs, I've provided this feedback to our product teams and for future products they'll continue to try and improve on this with the LED vendors. The real problem are LEDs that are able to output the full color spectrum have some colors that aren't completely spot on and true white is definitely one of them.

Bahz wrote:
Unfortunately it's limitation with the LEDs, I've provided this feedback to our product teams and for future products they'll continue to try and improve on this with the LED vendors. The real problem are LEDs that are able to output the full color spectrum have some colors that aren't completely spot on and true white is definitely one of them.

Well that is a let down. Maybe the product pages need to state this. Had I known this card couldn't reach true white with the "RGB" lighting I would have purchased a MSI RX480 where I could have gotten a black and white cooler to match my build. Purple isn't white and sure doesn't make for a true RGB experience.

Making the lights zoned would also be an improvement also. It would be nice to reach true white for the side logo and down lights while retaining the red ROG logo on the backplate. I'm going to have to think true and hard about this investment. The reasons I went for this card:

It's Asus and ROG come on
The styling of the card
It's RGB so I could (or thought) incorporate it into my build.

That last one may be the true decision maker in this situation. The only way it can be incorporated now is to just leave the lights off. Another option would be to just have the ROG logo on since it's actually white and then have the other lighting off but it seems ASUS didn't think outside the box with this one and made all lights work together.

Yet another let down from Asus followed by the poor cooling of the M.2 slot on the MVIIIF with having a dumb plastic cover vs aluminum to act as a heatsink much like the MIXF.

Nate152
Thanks for confirming Bahz

I normally don't use the color white, I usually let it on blue which looks fine.

Here I used the flash and looks much better, this is set to blue.

Tr1pl3c4t3
Level 7

I need actually favour for my GPU ROG STRIX RX 480 8GB OC is not being detected by Armoury Crate to sync with every devices that has Aura Sync on them, they're working fine on my MB. RAM and Wallpaper live but not my GPU other than that  it's showing an dim light of yellow on the backplate of the eye logo is, what must I do to get it to work with the rest of my hardware?Aura Sync Set up -  GPU RX 480 Aura sync not showing in Armoury crate.png

Nate152

Hello Tr1pl3c4t3

Sorry for a late reply.

Unfortunately, the ROG Strix RX 480 isn't on the Armoury Crate compatibility list.

You'll have to install the Aura program from the ASUS Support Center.

In the link below, select windows 10, under Utilities download "Aura RGB Lighting Control for Graphic card & XG-STATION ver0.0.6.7"

STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMING - Support (asus.com)

aura.png