cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVE10 CPU Cache Voltage - Adaptive?

xthane
Level 7
Hi, I was just wondering if this is still a bug, using adaptive voltage with CPU Cache on Broadwell-E?

My settings/ specs
i7 6900k @ 4.3GHz 1.27v - Adaptive

cpu cache min: auto
cpu cache max: 37
cpu cache voltage: 1.27v

It'd be nice to take advantage of adaptive voltages on the cpu cache but it won't even post with adaptive on. Anyone?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
When overclocking the cache, stick to a manual or offset voltage. Adaptive does not work when overclocking. Given the time in the platforms current life cycle, it's not likely Intel will fix this.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

xthane
Level 7
Yeah, I'm using manual voltage currently. 😕 Really sucks that adaptive doesn't work for the cache then. Works just fine on the vcore.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

The offset voltage mode is a viable option for cache.

Chino
Level 15

Adaptive Voltage is okay when overclocking the core clocks but not the cache. For the cache, you may want to set it to a specific value or leave it on auto.

xthane
Level 7
I'm going to try offset, but from what I've read, it also effects the idle voltage. Which may or may not work for me. On auto, it cranks the cache voltage to 1.42+

Update: Finally got offset to work. It's a bit confusing but I managed to have it lower by using + sign and .270. Somehow it works by decreasing the cache voltage to 1.265ish and idles around 1.1 🙂

xthane wrote:
I'm going to try offset, but from what I've read, it also effects the idle voltage. Which may or may not work for me. On auto, it cranks the cache voltage to 1.42+

Update: Finally got offset to work. It's a bit confusing but I managed to have it lower by using + sign and .270. Somehow it works by decreasing the cache voltage to 1.265ish and idles around 1.1 🙂

hi, how have you adjusted your cpu adaptive voltage? with what kind of offset - positive/negative?