cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible solutions for VRM Heatsink Cooling? recommendations?

Kiffalot
Level 7
Hi OCs 🙂 ,

Like topic says, i am interested in possible solutions for VRM Heatsink Cooling with a fan. How did you manage to mount a fan there, what size, model etc. do you prefer? I am thankful for any advices, guides etc.

Thx in advance 🙂
5 REPLIES 5

I have a Cooler Master HAF XB EVO case. Its more a Benchmark like case. There is a huge 23cm Spectre Fan mounted at top, but it is like 10-15cm above the heatsink, so it barely cools it. I could mount one fan to the side, but it would be still 5cm away from the heatsink. I will need to experiment a little, but my guess is, it needs to be right on top of the heatsink, because watching the temps, i see barely a change in temps right now (1-2 celsius) and none while heavy loads, where it raises up to 65 celsius.

Kiffalot wrote:
...and none while heavy loads, where it raises up to 65 celsius.

What tools do you use to read out that temps?

I use the AI Suite 3 for reading out VRM temps.

haihane
Level 13
i have a seidon 120XL AIO liquid cooling, mounted on the rear slot of cooler master Silencio 650 (old version).

immediately after trying to type what i meant, i figured it might be better for me to fetch a picture instead. refer to pic below for illustration:

the pic is old (2014 old). i'm not at my home computer right now so i can't take the actual picture, but i gave you the "hows".

alternatively, i guess you could go dig up your toolbox for those really long bolts screws and screw them into your rear case and jerry-rig-zip-tie a fan to blow into vrm. it should work.

edit: i guess technically they should be called screws. i'm getting more rusty at english -_-
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.