cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help : ROG GL552VW in reboot loop

faisalpatel
Level 7
Hi,
I unfortunately purchased the ROG GL552VW laptop and it's going to continuos reboot loop. I had this same problem last month and took to their service center for repair. They gave it back last week after repairing and reported replacement of Mother board and RAMs. After bringing home the same problem reappeared. I suspect issue related to Software. Not sure though. Any help will be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

UltimateKyo
Level 7
faisalpatel wrote:
Hi,
I unfortunately purchased the ROG GL552VW laptop and it's going to continuos reboot loop. I had this same problem last month and took to their service center for repair. They gave it back last week after repairing and reported replacement of Mother board and RAMs. After bringing home the same problem reappeared. I suspect issue related to Software. Not sure though. Any help will be appreciated.

You should try booting it a linux distribution on a USB drive. It that worked without any reboot sign, I believed you may have to reinstall your windows (assuming you are using one) and if reinstall doesn't work, it could be a case of bad or faulty sector on your HDD.

Hope this will help you with your issue.

Djdubuque
Level 7
Did you by chance reconfigure your system to boot off the HD rather then the SSD card that it came pre-configured as the boot drive? This is what I did and I have the same issue my system will loop until I go to Bios and just exit out again.