Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPUTweak II 1.4.2.3 issue

kompura
Level 7
Just installed the newest version.
- Shows correctly GPU clock
- Does not remember any of it's settings after reboot (yes apply settings each time GPU tweak II starts is selected)

Windows 10 pro.
Old version removed via windows uninstall and GPUtweak removal tool + ccleaner run.
46 REPLIES 46

MikeS3000
Level 7
Same setup, same problems. When I close the program and restart the program all settings and custom profiles are gone.

Nate152
Hi guys,

I haven't tested this version yet, I'll install it and see if I get the same problem.

Welcome to the ROG forum Mike.

Nate152
All right,

The new version is saving my settings after rebooting.

What I did was "Save New" and typed in my name NATE152 shown in red, entered my overclock settings and fan profile then rebooted and my settings are all there.

It's reading the core clock correctly too.

panzlock
Level 12
Someone call ASUS and tell them to get rid of that Ghost Recon backdrop. If children want this on their PC ASUS can certainly provide the option, but this should not be standard.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
Someone call ASUS and tell them to get rid of that Ghost Recon backdrop. If children want this on their PC ASUS can certainly provide the option, but this should not be standard.

^This. I get that they're probably one of the sponsors of the game, but the backdrop is simply annoying.

Back to the topic, it seems to have been saving the settings correctly now.

Nate152
Aww come on Panzlock you don't like the new skin? I think it looks pretty cool with two new games,

Of course these are mature rated games so if there are any children in the house parents should act accordingly, sure they're a little violent but that's what makes it fun and no worse than some movies on TV so I don't think it's such a bad thing do you?

I like it, they didn't put 1 game they put 2, For Honor is a good sword fighting game, I've played that one. Ghost Recon Wildlands is playable March 7th.

When I was a child I would want to play these games rather than watch Romper Room wouldn't you. 😄

panzlock
Level 12
To each their own but given the necessary update which provides users with correct clock speed readings GPUTweak II should have the standard, professional appearance with the new skin as an option. It just doesn't look good although SOME may opt to use it.

Mind you I won't be using GPUTII until it allows fan speed utilization below 38% so I'm not even sure why I'm voicing my discontent.

Nate152
I don't think it looks unprofessional with the new skin, I guess opinions will vary.

Maybe you could start a Yay and Nay thread about the new skin?

panzlock
Level 12
I don't think we need to take the topic that far as it is rather trivial. But I feel the end user should have an option at the very least.

And I have to disagree with you on aesthetic character. This no longer looks like a dedicated optimization engine with slider gauges and reference numbers providing performance readouts. This now looks like a marketing tool for the developers of these games with which ASUS has an agreement. On top of that, the display is rather hindered by the backdrop conflicting with the software essentials.

Some like it, others do not. But if you don't your options are to:

a.) Deal with it,

2.) Revert to to an older version which misrepresents clock speeds,

or

D.) Revert to an even older version with a non-functioning custom fan curve.

Again, trivial, but I don't think GPUTII developers thought this through.

From my perspective the devs just added another reason for me not to use this software, the primary reason being the inability to reduce fan speeds any further resulting in regular fan fluctuations and poor fan curve and temperature optimization.

Just my suggestions to ASUS; realize the benefit of a fan curve that begins at 0%, and allow users to choose software skin or even customize it themselves. EVGA has done that with Precision X and I feel it's a pretty good option.

Again, I love the original look of GPUTII. It has a different layout to Precision X and MSI AB but similar general aesthetics and it looks elegant. The new version...does not. It is neither subtle or classy. Like getting a tattoo on your forehead. I'm not comparing the two, just using another example.