cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx 1080 A8G low fps?

ppdemo
Level 7
hi how are you, i need to know if my gpu is walking bad, because i cant keep 60 stable fps in f1 2016 ultra setting and 1440p, fps drops to 55 per moments and stuttering is irritating. obviously if i choose high settings is ok. For all the said I want to know if the gpu can not handle ultra game options, or is it a poorly optimized game, or gpu fail. Since it seems strange to me that I can not move at least 60fps at 1440p
10 REPLIES 10

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
If your GPU is walking, even badly, that's pretty darned impressive!

Can you run a benchmark like firestrike and let us know the score? You will soon be able to tell if the 1080 is working OK.

Have you tried clean install (using DDU) of the graphics driver?...always a good first step if you think something is off with the GPU.

Chino
Level 15
Download Unigine Heaven and run the Extreme preset benchmark. We can compare scores to see if your GPU is working correctly.

ppdemo
Level 7
guys, here is my score:

Chino
Level 15
As far as your GPU goes, it's performing on point. Check your in game settings to see if the problem lies there. Also have you disabled V-Sync?

Chino wrote:
have you disabled V-Sync?62909

i use vsync because i have 60hz monitor, but i disable it in game and fps went up 90/110 depending on the settings, now i ask
if without vsync at ultra settings, fps are not less than 90, Why the fps are not stable to 60 with vsync on?

i have other doubt about other thing but related: is about Gpu tweak II and OC. If in this, I do not touch the voltage, the OC that i do is safe right? is it still the stock voltage?

Chino
Level 15
Frame drops are normal in games because some scenes demand more GPU power to render than others.

Yes, it's safe. The voltage is locked on the Pascal GPUS anyways so it's close to impossible to kill them unless you unlock it intentionally and increase the voltage.

ppdemo
Level 7
chino help again, i own Asus Strix 1080 A8G model, and i achieve with gpu tweak II a max of 1945mhz OC, but i become crazy...i can achieve more than 10035 mhz in memory!!! how can it be? default memory values are 10010 so i cant go beyond +25 mhz....

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Overclock the core and memory individually. Then combine and tweak as necessary.

i install new nvidia driver and gpu tweak version and Finally i was able to OC memory much more, but the joke is that in unigine the score now is Is lower than the previous.
On the other hand, I followed the instructions of your guide and OC first the clock and then memory. You say that I first OC the clock to where it arrives, then I return it to default value and I do the same with the memory, as far as memory goes, and then I return it to default value, and then with that data i try to combine them more synchronized? That is, lowering them at a time until i achieve stability?