cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbolt drops off --- need help!!!!!

zarson
Level 7
Playing this annoying bug infested BF3 game , and when the map changes - most of the time the audio drops off and i have to restart the PC to get sound back.

Is there another way to reset the Thunderbolt audio?

System info - refer to attached file

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I've read over the problem and there's only 2 things I can think of to help...

1: Stick 2 Sticks of Dynamite in it and see how far you can send it...
2: wait a little bit and hopefully someone with a Lot more intelligence and or Knowledge than I have shows up.

Sorry I can't help but Welcome to the Forums May your Days be ROG'in Fun!

HiVizMan
Level 40
DaemonCantor you made my day mate. Love to put a few sticks of dynamite under a couple of systems that I am playing with today and see how far they fly.

zarson could you confirm that this sound problem is only happening with the bug infested BF3 game 😄

And can you confirm which sound driver you are using please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

First option too extreme at this time! 😛
BF3 is the only game where the audio drops off. (very annoying)

spec of ROG Thunderbolt.

Audio Codec: 6631
Audio Driver Ver: 7.0.1.14
Firmware Ver: 107
DirectX Ver: DIrectX 11
CPL Version: 1.0.0.8

any other info should be with the DXDIAG.pdf attached.

Thanks for quick response.

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good mate. There are those who are not big fans of the Thnderbolt. I am ambivalent as I hardly use sound for anthing but my music. However I shall pull out my AMD rig and fire up some BF3 and see if I can duplicate the problem.

The obvious response is to ensure that drivers are up to date and that there are no conflicts. Oh and going over to the BF3 forums and seeing if there are other folks having similar sound issues and are they all on Thunderbolt sound cards.

Subscribed.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.