Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array

How to Install w7 on kaby Lake Intel 7700K on Asus Rog G752VS?

Hi guys I'm newbie here.
    I've recently bought Asus ROG G752VS, with Kaby Lake Intel 7700K?
    with NVMe SSD Samsung 256
    and SATA drive 1Tb.
    I have issues to install window 7.
    I tried number of attempt even created USB Pen drive using the Windows DVD Installing Tool.
    I used even Rufus to create the Pendrive,
    What happend iis this.
    the istalling wend ok but when the Laptop tryed to reboot and load windows i'm getting Blue screen
    saying Your Bios is not compatible for the ACTS, something like that?
    What is the best method for installing windows 7 on ASUS ROG?
    Does the Drive has to be converted from MBR to GPT?
    how to i change the configuration settings from UEFI.
    I've used this guide and no successhttp://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-7-installation-help-for-intel-skylake-and-kaby-lake-laptops.803630/
    I even created an ISO file from my original DVD of W7 Ultimate, i tried to directly install win7 from the DVD with 10 running.
    this the massage i was getting
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk is of the GPT partition style.
    my last method i applied from this guide https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...n-Threadripper. i installed win 7 but after reboot i got the blue screen as i mentioned at the top of my coment.
    I need proper direction and guides please and it will be thanks in advance.

New ROGer Array

i have issues about your method

Hi Interlowski!
    I have issues to install windows 7 DVD on a ASUS ROG G752VS, with Intel 7,700K.

Is your laptop that you've already installed w 7 th Gen or 6th Gen Intel?

Can you give me proper guide or method how i can install w 7 on my ASUS ROG G752VS Lpatop?

regards
    Spartak_ROG

ROG Member Array

Hi.
    My laptop is ASUS GL552VW with i7-6700HQ 6th generation processor.

I did install Windows 7 on my laptop, but only 64-bit version will work. I don't know how would it look like on your model.
    However, if you have some more specific questions and need help, just ask.

New ROGer Array

Hi!
    My laptop is Intel 7 the Generation Asus ROG G752VS BA332T

https://www.asus.com/au/Laptops/ROG-...pecifications/

New ROGer Array

Hi Iterlowski!
    Do you have a driver for Asus Rog to Support Windows 7?
    I might able to try it your driver?
    Can you upload the ISO Modified that you've used for your laptop?

ROG Member Array

Hi,
    There's no particular driver that will enable you to run Win7 on your computer.
    Your laptop is newer and more expanded than mine, which might cause your problems with Win7.
    This system might be simply too old for you laptop. However, make some googling, maybe someone succeeded in running Win7 on it.
    Try adjusting your BIOS first, before installing Windows7. Remember about the 64-bit version (the 32-bit version won't work).
    Remember that even if you'll successfully install Windows7, you'll still have to find some drivers for Win7 to the components of your laptop, and actually it was the hardest thing to do.
    Good luck man.

ROG Member Array

Question

Hello,

I saw you managed to install windows 7 on ROG laptop.

I have 3 days trying to solve this problem. I want to clone my actual windows 7 with all the programs to the new laptop.

I bought the ASUS GL703VD-GC028T, disconnected the new HDD and SDD and connected the old HDD with windows 7 64bit system to the new laptop. It loaded the system, but when I arrive to the log in page, the keyboard and mouse doesn't works. Also when I load on recovery mode and safe modes doesn't work.
    I then cloned my old windows 7 to the news SSD, doesn't work either.

I then loaded the installation ISO of Windows 7 to an USB drive, and when load the installation, with all hard disks removed, the keyboard and mouse doesn't works.
    I tried to connect with an external keyboard, and the light of the keyboard is on while is uploading the system, but then it switch off when the loading finish.

I tried with an other ISO version, and works only the keyboard. I don't want to install windows from zero, so this thing don't know if it's really useful.

When I try with the installation of Windows 10 on the USB drive (with all hard disks removed), the keyboard and mouse works!

I have been to 2 repair shops, but neither them know how to solve the problem and want only to install windows 7 from zero.

If it's a problem of drivers, how can I install the drivers if when the windows7 is loaded, I cannot use keyboard, mouse or USB ports?
    There is an other way?

I really don't understand what's the problem and how to solve it.

Do you have any idea? Thanks

My BIOS configuration:
    - Launch PXE OpROM policy: Enabled
    - Launch CSM: Enabled
    - Legacy USB Support: Enabled
    - Secure Boot Control: Disabled.
    - SATA mode Selection: AHCI

My specs:
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ
    Chipset: Intel HM175 (Skylake PCH-H)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

ROG Member Array

Hi travalix,
    From what I know unfortunately the newer the laptop, the harder to install anything older than Windows10 on it.
    The thing that worries me the most about your setup is the keyboard not working after launching Windows7.
    On my laptop the mousepad and USB ins didn't work during the installation of Windows7 and right after it, but the keyboard did, and I was using only the keyboard while installing everything until eventually installing the USB drivers, so then I could also use the mouse and finally have full controll over the rest of the drivers' installation.
    In your case that's pretty bad that even the keyboard doesn't work, so you're somewhat stuck in one place.
    You say that you don't want to install Windows from zero and say sth about an ISO of Win7, does that mean you want to transfer your old Windows to a new laptop? This might be really hard to do man.
    However, check your driver list, and uninstall the SmartGesture driver, or other touchpad drivers. The wrong touchpad drivers can harshly affect the keyboard performance.
    I remember searching for a touchpad driver to my laptop (with no result until today, but f. it, I'm using a mouse anyway), and probing a lot of versions of SmartGesture, two of them made my keyboard locked up that I couldn't type anything! Luckily I had USB already installed, so I used the on-screen keyboard to click letters with a mouse, so then I uninstalled the SmartGesture driver, and the keyboard started to work again. Think about it.

However, I have a slightly older ROG laptop, so Microsoft in their conspiracy with Intel didn't totally block me from using Win7. After all I'm here using my ROG laptop with Windows7 and all of the drivers installed, except the touchpad. Heard that nowadays Microsoft and Intel want to force all Windows users to switch to "the final Windows" 10, and that's why Intel makes chipsets which are more and more incompatible with anything older than Win10.
    Last edited by Intelovski; 08-17-2018 at 11:32 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Intelovski View Post
    Hi travalix,
    From what I know unfortunately the newer the laptop, the harder to install anything older than Windows10 on it.
    The thing that worries me the most about your setup is the keyboard not working after launching Windows7.
    On my laptop the mousepad and USB ins didn't work during the installation of Windows7 and right after it, but the keyboard did, and I was using only the keyboard while installing everything until eventually installing the USB drivers, so then I could also use the mouse and finally have full controll over the rest of the drivers' installation.
    In your case that's pretty bad that even the keyboard doesn't work, so you're somewhat stuck in one place.
    You say that you don't want to install Windows from zero and say sth about an ISO of Win7, does that mean you want to transfer your old Windows to a new laptop? This might be really hard to do man.
    However, check your driver list, and uninstall the SmartGesture driver, or other touchpad drivers. The wrong touchpad drivers can harshly affect the keyboard performance.
    I remember searching for a touchpad driver to my laptop (with no result until today, but f. it, I'm using a mouse anyway), and probing a lot of versions of SmartGesture, two of them made my keyboard locked up that I couldn't type anything! Luckily I had USB already installed, so I used the on-screen keyboard to click letters with a mouse, so then I uninstalled the SmartGesture driver, and the keyboard started to work again. Think about it.

However, I have a slightly older ROG laptop, so Microsoft in their conspiracy with Intel didn't totally block me from using Win7. After all I'm here using my ROG laptop with Windows7 and all of the drivers installed, except the touchpad. Heard that nowadays Microsoft and Intel want to force all Windows users to switch to "the final Windows" 10, and that's why Intel makes chipsets which are more and more incompatible with anything older than Win10.
    I saw on internet that have to do the SYSPREP before cloning the disk, so that it's like the first time when the windows7 load on the new machine and so will automatically install the needed drivers for the new machine.

To do so, I connected the new cloned HDD to the old laptop, made the SYSPREP and shutdown. I then connected to the new laptop and the system started first the CHKDSK, then "Setup is updating registry settings","Setup is starting services","Setup is installing devices", and then showed me the window to select language and keyboard layout.

At this point, the keyboard and mouse doesn't work, neither USB ports. The same as before.

I tried also the System File Checker and changing the partition letters from REGEDIT that suggents on this post (https://superuser.com/questions/2127...rd-doesnt-work) without success.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Intelovski View Post
    Hi travalix,

Can you send me all your drivers that you use on win7? I will try with that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3