Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

This thread discusses Smart gesture https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...r-Asus-GL552VW

Also I did a backup of drivers related to Smart Gesture that may work if you manually install them from Device Manager which you can get here https://www.sendspace.com/file/szawg8

ROG Member Array

Thanks. I will check this out as well. To be honest with you, the touchpad is the last thing I'm worried about right now. I just hope I will be able to make my USB ports, I/Os, LAN, Wi-Fi, and graphic cards work properly using some Win7 drivers.

I integrated what I could into Windows 7 install.wim with NTLite and only had some drivers missing from what is installed in Windows 10. NTLite didn't complain when I put in the Smart Gesture drivers but didn't seem to recognize Serial IO but I don't think that is a major problem and hopefully can be fixed after installation. I am going to try and create a Win7 to Go with WinToUSB and try it out if that fails than I will install to a VHD to boot from. VHD option was easy on my none EFI system but with EFI boot manager it may not be as easy... will have to do some Googling.

Well I took the time to install Windows 7 to a VHD and managed to get every device driver installed ACCEPT 1 Device Dev ID ACPI\MSFT0101 which needed this : (http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Window...tl_x64_zip.exe) hotfix.
    For Serial IO I installed https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...-for-Windows-7 whether or not it actually added any needed drivers is unknown.
    Last edited by U2Desire; 03-12-2017 at 02:01 AM.

ROG Member Array

Good for you man! However, I got my Win7 installed from an original DVD and it's running, I've also managed to install a few of the Win7 drivers from the original GL552 "Win10-only" DVD, and now I'm still struggling to complete my driver collection. I need a simple installation.

Redid my Windows 7 VHD installation and other than Graphics, Realtek HD Audio, Intel WiFi/Bluetooth and Ethernet drivers and that hotfix for Trusted Platform Module I only needed to install ChipsetIntel INF Update (Skylake), Intel Management Engine Interface 11.6.0.1036, Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Skylake), Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework (Skylake), ATK Package 1.0.0050, Card Reader driver (which may not be needed) and Thunderbolt 16.2.52.250 which I got from http://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10. I did not install the Serial IO driver I had before and I don't have any unknown devices so I don't think it is needed. I can't get the Smart Gesture touchpad to work which I don't get because it works in the Metro Boot Loader.
    I did a crap load of updates to get it all updated including the optional's and everything is working good again accept that darn touchpad.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Intelovski View Post
    @Fi3t3:
    As you can read from my first post, I did the same thing while installing Windows and some of the drivers - I used keyboard only.
    Therefore, I really need to get my USB 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 drivers for Win7. I prefer connecting a mouse to a USB 2.0 port in order to have my USB 3.0 ports always available for some other things which require higher connection speed.
    I think I will just try to install the USB drivers and LAN/Wi-Fi drivers suggested here by U2Desire, and see what happens. As for Windows 7, I have a full version including Service Pack, but haven't installed this extra-update yet.
    Where did you find the drivers for both of the graphic cards (the basic Intel and the main nVidia)?
    What's about the ATK, did you read my first post? It was one of the drivers that I already have properly installed, as I managed to install a few of the drivers directly from the original DVD (it appears that this "Windows10 only" DVD contains some Windows7 drivers).
    Yes, I've heard about this Driver Booster software! I thought of using it later on to collect all the drivers.
    And what is the fan issue all about? Is it too loud on a GL752?
    The USB drivers I got from the Intel Driver Utility thing, as well as the display driver. The Nvidia driver is easy to get, just install Geforce Experience and it will install all your driver needs as well. While that's all fine and dandy, if you need the USB and LAN / WiFi Drivers, other than the LAN drivers everything is pretty much accessible through Windows Update or the Intel Utility. The LAN driver is apparantly Realtek, but that's easy to get as well because Realtek doesn't care about what OS you use and will give you full support ranging from XP all the way to Win 10 (I think!?).
    And lastly, yes the fan issue. And boooy is it annoying. The fan will spin up whenever it feels like it and really loud too. People in the office ask me if something is wrong with my new 950€ laptop, "I thought this was supposed to be really cutting-edge, why is it so loud?".
    Seriously. I think they are trying to sabotage me because I don't feel like getting Win 10. Who knows....
    Basically the fan spins up when I:
    1: Shut down the system (when restarting, the system doesn't power off completely so it will not stop spinning at max speed until I shut it off again)
    2: Run an intensive game (at some point the fan can regulate itself really good but suddenly while playing it just spins up to max speed again until the system is shut off)
    This is rather outrageous and I can't seem to control the fan which is doing this. I sort of control it with the software I found but this doesn't help too much.

Anyway, enough ranting, I backed up the drivers for you which worked for me, feel free to try HERE. Use the Driver Backup software mentioned before ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/ ), just load the .bki file and it should pull up a list of drivers, you can decide what you need or not. Good luck!

- Phil

ROG Member Array

Wow! Thank you Phil!
    So, all the drivers in this folder are Windows7-compatible?
    I really appeaciate it man. That's so kind of you to share your collection. You mentioned that you have a GL752VW, which is my GL552VW's big bro, therefore I think that the vast majority of your drivers would work just fine on my machine.
    Are there some USB 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 drivers as well?
    When I get the USBs, the I/Os, and the LAN/Wi-Fi internet connection to work, then I will be able to handle all the rest.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Intelovski View Post
    Wow! Thank you Phil!
    So, all the drivers in this folder are Windows7-compatible?
    I really appeaciate it man. That's so kind of you to share your collection. You mentioned that you have a GL752VW, which is my GL552VW's big bro, therefore I think that the vast majority of your drivers would work just fine on my machine.
    Are there some USB 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 drivers as well?
    When I get the USBs, the I/Os, and the LAN/Wi-Fi internet connection to work, then I will be able to handle all the rest.
    No problem

All of these should work with Win 7. I'm running the machine right now and it's working just fine, except the touch pad and bluetooth. I can't give you any guarantee that it will work but I don't think there are any differences in basic hardware. You should be careful with the display drivers though, since I may have a different CPU and GPU than you. But from what I looked at, we seem to have both the GTX 960M as well as the Intel HD Graphics 530 (i7 6700HQ). The drivers that I managed to get working are:
    - all USB ports (3.0 for me, didn't test the Type-C yet)
    - SD card slot
    - webcam (I disabled it tho)
    - WiFi and LAN
    - Display / Graphics (Right clicking on applications allows me to decide which processor I want to open this with: Intel integrated / GTX 960M)
    - all audio related things
    - Splendid Technology
    - ATK package (On Screen Display works fine, except when I try FN+F9 which should enable/disable the touchpad, it does nothing)
    - Flight mode is laggy but works
    The USB drivers should be included in the package I uploaded, other than that you can try to use USB Tethering on your Android phone, this will auto-install the drivers and allow you a ghetto-style internet connection over WiFi. Just connect your phone to the laptop, select USB Tethering. Then just install all the necessary drivers regarding WiFi and you should be good to go!

Regards,
    - Phil
    Last edited by Fi3t3; 03-14-2017 at 02:20 PM.

ROG Member Array

Tivoli calle

Thanks alot! I will for sure try these drivers out.
    I got to read more of my model's specifications, so I can determine what type of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver will be proper, as on my original GL552V DVD i had a few different driver brands for WirelessLAN and Bluetooth, I still don't know which to pick.
    The touchpad and camera drivers are not necessarry for me, but as I said, I need to install the graphic card drivers for Intel and NVidia, and make the USB ports, the serial I/Os and LAN/Wi-Fi connection work... That's the basic stuff to enable me to use the laptop and make another step.
    Once again big THANKS and I'll stay in touch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast