cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mATX board for Crossfire/SLI and AM4

Cobras_Rule
Level 7
Hi. I'm just wondering if Asus has any plans for a top tier mATX AM4 board? Something that can actually run SLI/Crossfire? There are currently 0 options for mATX and Crossfire/SLI.
Asus Essentio CM1730

Motherboard : Asus z270G Gaming | CPU : Intel i7-7700K | Memory : G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3200MHz | PS : Corsair GS800 | GPU : Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 8G OC

Future Mods :
Video card: Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 8G OC (crossfired)
2 REPLIES 2

Vlada011
Level 10
I think they plan. That would be maybe most interesting motherboard.
But need to support at least 2 graphic card, little slot for dedicate Sound Card and M.2 at least 1.
Many people will instead Vega to use RX 480 8GB CF or RX 580 CF. Because of that need at least two slots with reinforcments and one x1 for sound card.
Off course VRM need to be high end from ASUS because people will use that board for overclocking R7 with 8 cores.
They will try to reach base performance of i7-6950X with him and that is not impossible at all, there is real chance that AMD owners will beat i7-6950X on fabric frequency.
AMD used same way during production as Intel with Sandy Bridge processor and people don't need to risk with deliding.
OC will depend a lot from cooling and VRM on motherboard and most important CPU samples.

Guys who need powerfull processors with amazing multi threaded performance don;t need to pay 1000$+ any more.
They could buy two processor for same money. 4x 16GB - 64GB DDR4 3200-3600MHz will be enough for anything.
Who need more anyway will use completely different type of platform with more sockets.
AMD have nice future next 5 years.
Many people will use their graphic cards because they not play games almost at all and Radeon have excellent image quality.
And they don't need more than RX 580, who play games CF.
I think this time people will pay more attention on new Polaris and Vega after Ryzen. They saw how cheaper hardware could offer same performance and many of them will not pay easy 1000 for GeForce any more. 500$ Max and who offer more for that price.

Looks like even Noctua sympathize with AMD and now first time offer their high quality coolers with black fans for AMD.
I saw they look cool now. People will be happy.

Cobras_Rule
Level 7
Anybody have any thoughts or information? If not im probably just gonna go with the Asus Z270G Gaming and an i7 7700k. Im already tired of waiting.
Asus Essentio CM1730

Motherboard : Asus z270G Gaming | CPU : Intel i7-7700K | Memory : G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3200MHz | PS : Corsair GS800 | GPU : Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 8G OC

Future Mods :
Video card: Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 8G OC (crossfired)