New ROGer Array

Asus rog GL752VWT4015 100% Disk issue

Hello, i just bought this laptop and after i reinstalled the windows i saw in task manager he is using 100% of disk space. I tried to disable BIT/Fetch, reinstall windows again and nothing worked. Any advises,please? i'll leave a screenshot . Thank you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	299.8 KB 
ID:	61011

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	61012

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	61013

ROG Member Array

you should try another version of windows 10. it's most likely something from the windows. also, disconnect the internet and see if the load persists.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by razvanx77 View Post
    you should try another version of windows 10. it's most likely something from the windows. also, disconnect the internet and see if the load persists.
    Ok, thank you. I'll try other version of win10

ROG Enthusiast Array

Also, if you sort by disk usage, you can see the tasks that are pegging the usage. Also, is it a spin drive?

New ROGer Array

Hi all, sorry for reviving the thread but as I didn't see anyone who report solving the issue will tell my experience: bought a month ago a GL553VD and last week the laptop was unusable, the disk always at 100% use, errors on the Event Viewer and BSOD. Resintalled Windows several times (UEFI and CSM) with no luck. Updated the SATA AHCI driver with no luck. Tuned up the energy management with no luck.

How did I solved it? Replacing the HDD drive. First, if you want to know if you have to replace the HDD, get a Hirens Boot CD and run some S.M.A.R.T. viewer or HDD regenerator or similar. You probably will see warnings of S.M.A.R.T., several reading errors and some bad sectors. I replace the HDD with another one that I have (casually it was from an Asus X55A) which has some S.M.A.R.T. issues but the problem is for now solved. I think the best choice is replace the HDD with a SATA SSD and use an SSD M2 for boot and system.