cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 55 or A0 really need help

Simann
Level 7
Hello everybody ;]

I'm new one here, but i will try to explain everything and sorry for me eng, hope you understand me 🙂
I build my first pc:

Mother: Asus hero ix formula
cpu: i7-7700k
cpu fan: kraken x62
ram: g skill trident rgb 16gb 16cl 3466
gpu: asus strix 1080

So, as i said before, i have post-code 55 problem (I know what it's a RAM problem), i checked it 100500 times, click memOk button - nothing help, so i tried to put 1 piece in a1 and b1 slots - error 55, if i put in a2 and b2 slots - error A0.
When i have error 55, nothing happens - monitor/mouse/keyboard dont work
When i have error A0, nothing happens, same thing. Monitor/mouse/keyboard dont work.
Really i dont know what to do, i google 100500 posts and i check my CPU, everything is okey, i checked few times my kraken, it stands very good, i even changed battery in my motherboard (i took off armor and etc), and still the same problem, i never been in BIOS.
All my parts new (it's their first boost) and i dont know what is not working and i dont have any place to check my parts...
So.. any ideas? I need to send back motherboard or RAM or CPU and change it to more cheapest or...? I'm rly confused, i spent a lot of money and still cant even turn it on :((((
I made 2 photos of my system and maybe check how i connect everything, maybe i made mistake and something dont work because of my fault 😞
32 REPLIES 32

JustinThyme
Level 13
Sounds like you have multiple issues going on or just one.
Go to the basics first, pull your Graphics card, and one stick in A2.
A0 points to HDD not initializing so if you still get nothing try another hdd or leave it out peroid, dont need it to get to BIOS.
Im not much for AIO cooling, especially the Kraken that blocks you memory slot and is very prone to breaking. Id send that Kraken back and if you must use AIO go with corsair that doent have the tubes blocking your ram slot.

If none of this work, try following your manual to flash the BIOS to the latest revision, pretty simple. Just download the latest, rename it M9F.CAP and put it in the root directory of a usb drive that has been formatted to fat 32. Put the drive in rear USB port labeled BIOS then push and hold the mobo connec button for about 3 seconds until it starts flashing blue then wait unitl it stops flashing and try again.

Is still unsucessful pull your cooler and CPU and make sure its not bent up in the corners. These things are paper thin now and either not getting it seated correctly or just a little too much pressure on the cooler mount and they will bend in a heart beat.

If its bent you can try to use a heat gun to soften it a bit and get it flat and try again. If still nothing and it was bent you may have bent pins on the MOBO with it.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Go to the basics first, pull your Graphics card, and one stick in A2.

I made pic, A0 and nothing happens, just sometimes if pc still ON, every 2-4mins it's automatically reboot itself

A0 points to HDD not initializing so if you still get nothing try another hdd or leave it out peroid, dont need it to get to BIOS.

I dont have HDD, only 2 SSD, but it's not the problem?

Im not much for AIO cooling, especially the Kraken that blocks you memory slot and is very prone to breaking. Id send that Kraken back and if you must use AIO go with corsair that doent have the tubes blocking your ram slot.

I can put RAM in a1 without problem, so it's okey and anyway in manual writes that if I have 2 sticks i need to use a2/b2 and at the moment i dont need 32gb 🙂

If none of this work, try following your manual to flash the BIOS to the latest revision, pretty simple. Just download the latest, rename it M9F.CAP and put it in the root directory of a usb drive that has been formatted to fat 32. Put the drive in rear USB port labeled BIOS then push and hold the mobo connec button for about 3 seconds until it starts flashing blue then wait unitl it stops flashing and try again.

i update my bios like you said and i found latest version here - http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/BIOS/Asus/ASUS-ROG-Maximus-IX-Formula-BIOS-0701.shtml , released yesterday, and still the same, nothing happens

Is still unsucessful pull your cooler and CPU and make sure its not bent up in the corners. These things are paper thin now and either not getting it seated correctly or just a little too much pressure on the cooler mount and they will bend in a heart beat.

I checked everything no bents, all ok, but i will try again and check my cooler as well

thank you for helping

i think i will send back my ram and buy new one :[ because nothing works

JustinThyme
Level 13
never get BIOS from anywhere other than ASUS
0701 is not the latest, 0801 is and can be downloaded here
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_IX_FORMULA/MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA-ASUS-0801.zip?_ga=...

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
never get BIOS from anywhere other than ASUS
0701 is not the latest, 0801 is and can be downloaded here
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_IX_FORMULA/MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA-ASUS-0801.zip?_ga=...

I install this version of bios and still not working, so i sent my RAM back and ordered Corsair dominator platinum 3000 and 15cl, tomorrow new RAM will arrive and i will write about changes

Simann wrote:
I install this version of bios and still not working, so i sent my RAM back and ordered Corsair dominator platinum 3000 and 15cl, tomorrow new RAM will arrive and i will write about changes

Cool. Keep us updated. 🙂

Chino
Level 15

I have the IX Code, 0801 BIOS

When i plug power and turn on PC first time the error code is 40, if i restart it changes to A0 but everything works flawlessly in both "40" and "A0".

I thought A0 stands for "All Ok" but now you wrote its HDD error.

Official Manual;

A0 "IDE Initialization is started" (what does that mean really?)
40 : There is no error code "40" on the manual but there is "0x40" which reads "System is waking up from the s4 sleep state"

My Os is on SSD (SATA1 Port) and my HDD (SATA2 Port) works without any problems.
Should i be worried?

Note: The only weird stuff that happens with my PC so far is i have a K70 Lux RGB Keyboard, default color is red with WASD white, if i restart the PC and wait at the windows login screen too long the keyboard goes into some type of demo mode i guess, colors are cycling etc like a disco, when this happens whatever i do the keyboard wont work unless i replug the usb or restart the pc. Also Sometimes this happens (demo mode, keyboard not working) as soon as i power on the PC but very rare.

starsailor wrote:
I have the IX Code, 0801 BIOS

When i plug power and turn on PC first time the error code is 40, if i restart it changes to A0 but everything works flawlessly in both "40" and "A0".

I thought A0 stands for "All Ok" but now you wrote its HDD error.

Official Manual;

A0 "IDE Initialization is started" (what does that mean really?)
40 : There is no error code "40" on the manual but there is "0x40" which reads "System is waking up from the s4 sleep state"

My Os is on SSD (SATA1 Port) and my HDD (SATA2 Port) works without any problems.
Should i be worried?

Note: The only weird stuff that happens with my PC so far is i have a K70 Lux RGB Keyboard, default color is red with WASD white, if i restart the PC and wait at the windows login screen too long the keyboard goes into some type of demo mode i guess, colors are cycling etc like a disco, when this happens whatever i do the keyboard wont work unless i replug the usb or restart the pc. Also Sometimes this happens (demo mode, keyboard not working) as soon as i power on the PC but very rare.

A0 code means that the bios has handed off to the operating system.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601