cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY Performance problems.

Kevinnnnn
Level 7
Specs: GeForce GTX 980M - 16GB DDR3 - i7-4720HQ - Windows 10 x64

My Notebook is not performing really well, FPS are dropping (not stable at all). I have my Nvidia settings on default, since even when i change the energy setting for my Graphic card from "Optimal" to "Maximum" it feels worse. I think my Notebook is not really optimized. I already re-installed it to default with windows 10 and installed the Nvidia driver etc.

Games where i experience FPS drops/Low FPS:
For Honor (FPS drops and sometimes constantly lower FPS)
CSGO (FPS drops)
Borderlands 2 (Super unstable FPS drops.)
League of Legends (Stutter (looks like vibrations) when moving the camera with my mouse)

I run none of these games, but Borderlands 2 with Vsync since Vsync inputs lag which isnt too nice for competetive games. I use my Gsync on Borderlands 2 and For Honor to try and reduce the Stutter which doesnt really work too good.

All i want is knowing if my Notebook is working normal and is performing to its fullest, or if something is missing. It would be really disappointing paying this "much" and being not able to play THESE specific games without any problems.
13 REPLIES 13

Ancients
Level 10
How are your temps while playing these specific games?

JustinThyme
Level 13
You aren't trying to game with it unplugged are you?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Nono, its plugged in with high performance settings, i just reinstalled some stuff and it seems better now. But i just realized, with the programm Notebook Fan Control, that my CPU temperature exceeds 92° ... and i dont know if thats too high for a i7-4720HQ or how to make it better and stuff.. like is that too high? Can i lower the temperature? Or is it just fine and normal for these kinds of CPU's :x my GPU temperature seems fine i guess, didnt check yet, but CPU is around 85-95. My GPU temperature is MAX 88° and Average 80°, Min 73 C°

When i Stress my CPU with CPU-Z the max temperature is 94°, if that is any helpful information for you.

EDIT: the 85-85° temp was while playing Borderlands 2!

Ancients
Level 10
Can you run some games where you don't see any fps drops and report your temps while playing those? If they don't get as hot it might be related to thermal throttling somewhere.

So, here are my Temps when i play League of Legends (which runs fine)

CPU= MAX 84/85
GPU=MAX 78 Average 72.5 And MIN 66°

I will edit more temperature stats, after Playing a bit of For Honor.

EDIT: my GPU temperature in For Honor is MAX 88°, MIN 77°, Average 84.9°
CPU temperature in For Honor: MAX 94° - Min 75°

While i played i had at the beginning 80-100+ FPS and after 3-4 rounds i was at 50-70 fps. I have Gsync on, Vsync on. Ingame settings are 100% render and rest is low/off except for Textures (High) and 4x Antialiasing. So all in one the settings are set to very low id say. So i think my Notebook performs so bad bcz the CPU is "trash". Maybe im running some kind of Programm in the back? In taskmanager i cant see anything suspicious. Do i have anything installed that may slow my CPU down, make it overheat so its throttling? 😕 Or is my CPU just that bad and i paid loads of money to play with FPS drops/stutter and constant low fps^^

Kevinnnnn wrote:
So, here are my Temps when i play League of Legends (which runs fine)

CPU= MAX 84/85
GPU=MAX 78 Average 72.5 And MIN 66°

I will edit more temperature stats, after Playing a bit of For Honor.

EDIT: my GPU temperature in For Honor is MAX 88°, MIN 77°, Average 84.9°
CPU temperature in For Honor: MAX 94° - Min 75°

While i played i had at the beginning 80-100+ FPS and after 3-4 rounds i was at 50-70 fps. I have Gsync on, Vsync on. Ingame settings are 100% render and rest is low/off except for Textures (High) and 4x Antialiasing. So all in one the settings are set to very low id say. So i think my Notebook performs so bad bcz the CPU is "trash". Maybe im running some kind of Programm in the back? In taskmanager i cant see anything suspicious. Do i have anything installed that may slow my CPU down, make it overheat so its throttling? 😕 Or is my CPU just that bad and i paid loads of money to play with FPS drops/stutter and constant low fps^^

Well, you claimed max temp is 94 and min is 75. If it does not stay at 94 all the time, it could mean that your fan is working okay. When it goes to 94, your fans speed up and cools down cpu, when temps go normal, fans speed down to save power, then cycle continues.

If you have gsync on, fps should be lower than when you have gsync off. Gsync syncs your fps with monitor refresh rate. Your monitor, I believe is only 75Hz? Depending on the game you must either turn on or off Vsync in-game if you encounter stutters. Like for me, I have a G752VT, when I play CSGO I have micro stuttering. Turning my Vsync in-game to on removes the stuttering, while for other games I have Vsync off.

If you want higher fps, turn off your gsync. If it has stuttering, make a trial and error switching on/off some settings in your graphics panel, or maybe even some antivirus software or any other software running in the background. Try stopping game first, gaming center, geforce experience, etc.

Julskey
Level 10
50-70 fps is already very decent for a demanding game. Your temps look okay.

95 is okay? O.O damn... but why does the performance decrease so heavy then?... even with Gsync For Honor stutters super hard and is unplayable for me after 1-2hours... like when i google i7 4720HQ temperatures ppl are getting lower temps aswell, and i dunno everytime it runs hot my FPS are down... Like constant 40-under 60 fps in For Honor is really unplayable. It cant be normal. Especially my Temperatures seem higher then normal. When i look up "G751JY For Honor" they can paly it on extreme with kind of stable 60 FPS while i cant play it on very low and get 40-60 fps^^

Ive been looking for fixes and asking ppl but sadly noone is experienced enough to help me optimize my notebook and look for fixes 😞