cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cpu fan header error

amitgedia
Level 9
hi guys,
i just got my corsair H100i GTX RMA'ed and it was working for a week, but yesterday night i started getting a CPU FAN HEADER error suddenly.
i opened the case and did all sorts of permutation and combination and also tried to do the settings as metioned in the below post

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40948-H110-CPU-Fan-error

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12057-CPU-Fan-Error

the fans of the cooler spins and when i touch the pipes they are in cold condition

so i removed the cooler and attached a spare coolermaster air cpu cooler and it works fine and no cpu fan header error

so is the new H100i gtx cooler faulty or is there a problem with the MB ( Asus rampage v extreme)

also there was a problem with the MB as one of the RAM slot was not working so i gave to it the service center for repair
when i got back my MB there was one CPU pin that was bent and when i brought into the notice of the service centre guy they told me that it would not be a problem and if anything occurs then they have made a note of it in the ticket number and they would do the necessary for the same

so finally the question is that would this error have occured due to that bend pin or has the cooler gone faulty again coz its just one week that i got this new cooler RMA'ed and the MB repaired through the service center and everything worked fine for a week until now..
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hi amitgedia

If you're using corsair link to control your fans, in the bios on the monitoring tab you can set the cpu fan to ignore.

amitgedia
Level 9
hi i have already done that in the bios and i have kept the profile to balanced in the link software.... but now am not able to boot up to windows also coz the temperature rises to 90 C-95 C and the PC shuts down...

Nate152
It appears there is a problem with your cooler and I'm leaning towards the pump,

If you have it hooked up correct contact Corsair, temps shouldn't be near that high.

Nate152 wrote:
It appears there is a problem with your cooler and I'm leaning towards the pump,

If you have it hooked up correct contact Corsair, temps shouldn't be near that high.

but its just a week that i have got this new RMA'ed cooler and this would be the 4th time that i will be doing it and for the same issue...

Nate152
Double check you have it installed correctly, if your motherboard came with the cpu installer tool try removing it.

Make sure the waterblock is making good contact with the cpu.

grassy
Level 12
Please let us know what the answer to the problem is if you find one as I am interested to know.Cheers
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

amitgedia
Level 9
i have just given my cooler to RMA lets see as soon as it comes back and i install it i will update it

also i have been advice that this time i should connect the radiator to CPU Header and the 2 radiator fans to the CHA Header and change both the settings ie of the pump and the fans to PWM in the bios and then see what happens as this is my 4th time in 3 months that i have done my coolers RMA

so you can check with these settings and try and let me also know whats the result...