ROG Member Array

Aura lignting controller, can i change the colours?

Hi Folks.

I Have the 1070 strix, with the GPU Tweak 2 package, which comes with an app called "aura" that allows me to control the LED colours. eg, the colour, breathing, strobe.

There are also some effects such as music, and temperature.

I was wondering if its somehow possible to change the temperature settings to go from blue to red, instead of its default option, green to red (as the GPU gets hotter).

Everything in my case has blue lighting, so it would be great if i could have the heat/temperature setting to go from blue (which it usually is) to red when its hot.

Is this possible? I imagine it must be some how, but i'm guessing it may take some re-coding of the app or something?

If anyone can confirm either way, and if it is possible, please tell me how. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array brkkab123 PC Specs
    brkkab123 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i5 6600K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 32GBs
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 OC 8GB
    Sound CardOnboard sound
    MonitorLG 25UM58-P
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 1.0TB m.2
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1.0TB SATA & W.D. Black 2.0TB
    CPU CoolerEK Water Blocks EK-XLC Predator 240 1.1 w/push/pull add-on fans kit
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G213 Prodigy
    Mouse Logitech G403 Prodigy
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X530 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterNetgear WNDR 3700
    Accessory #1 Logitech c615 HD Webcam
    Accessory #2 Seagate Backup Desk 3.0TB
    Accessory #3 Logitech U920 Driving Force Racing Wheel/Logitech Driving Force Shifter/GT Omega Wheel Stand

In Aura click Static, slide the color wheel to Blue and click Apply. Your mobo color will now be blue to match your pc. I have red fans in my pc and my case has rgb lighting inside and outside. I have everything set to red including my video cards rgb lighting.

ROG Member Array

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but i'm aware on how to change the static colour in general.

What i'm trying to do is get the special effect, that changes the colour of the led depending on the temperature of the GPU, from green (cool) to yellow (warm) to red (hot).

I'm trying to get that effect to instead of green, to be "blue > yellow > red" which is not controlled (it appears) by the circular slider.

I'm sure its just a colour code in the code of the app. But i don;t really want to be accessing source code to change the colour, but if i can, and its my only option, and its not locked. I would like to try.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JJBandit View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but i'm aware on how to change the static colour in general.

What i'm trying to do is get the special effect, that changes the colour of the led depending on the temperature of the GPU, from green (cool) to yellow (warm) to red (hot).

I'm trying to get that effect to instead of green, to be "blue > yellow > red" which is not controlled (it appears) by the circular slider.

I'm sure its just a colour code in the code of the app. But i don;t really want to be accessing source code to change the colour, but if i can, and its my only option, and its not locked. I would like to try.
    +1 the lime green (cold) is a poor 1st color choice. I want to match my TT fans which go through the whole spectrum, UV --> IR, but I'd settle with just neing able to change the green to a blue.