cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Code 07 or 0d or boot loop

TimTomTwo
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I can't get my Crosshair VI Hero to properly boot up and need help!
Here's my specs:
Ryzen 1800x
Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
Crosshair VI Hero
2x8 Kingston Preditor 3333Mhz (or 2x8 Kingston Fury Black 2666Mhz)
Samsung 500GB M.2 Nvme SSD
Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon 290x
BeQuiet Dark Pro 750W

At the beginning I used the Kingston Preditor RAM and could get into the UEFI, but it only showed me that it uses 8GB of RAM and at a wrong speed too (2400Mhz). But in the DIMM options, I could see both of them.
But the system crashed on me everytime, when I tried to install Windows 10 onto the M.2 or even earlier (could not boot). I tried everything I've read on the internet on how to install that (different secure boot options, deleting keys, copying key whatever...).
I've heard that Ryzen has some problems with too fast memory, so I bought new ones (the Fury Blacks which are even in the supported RAM site listed). But now I can't even get into the UEFI anymore. I've tried every single RAM stick on every single DIMM and with both BIOS versions!!! I've already got a blister on my thumb for changeing the RAM so often.

Results:
Fury Blacks with OLD Bios: 07
Fury Blacks with NEW Bios: boot loop (last three numbers are 54 33 55)
first Preditor with OLD Bios: 07
second Preditor with OLD Bios: 0d or od (the manual says something like "saved for later references"?!)
Preditors with NEW Bios: boot loop (same numbers)

Also the RAM-LED beneath the Q-Code is lit almost all the time and just sometimes the LED for the CPU is too.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this board just bricked somehow?

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
From the OC guide (here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91368-AMD-OC-guide-thread)

Seems like it's failing RAM training.

There is a new BETA bios...maybe worth a try? https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91413-Bios-5803-Beta

It's kosher...from the ASUS guys

Raja
Level 13
If the latest beta UEFI does not help, you can try tuning SOC voltage and see if it helps. Memory kit purchasing for this platform is going to be hit or miss given the variables.

Hi everyone,

I've just installed a brand new Asus Crosshair VI Hero with BIOS 0902 (with AMD Ryzen 1800x).
When I booted up -> ROG screen and then stayed on megatrend screen with error 0D

After a few days of pulling my hair out I found out it was the USB3.0 hub.
Tried connecting to other usb 3.0 port -> same result.
Tried with brand new USB3.0 hub -> same result.

So, maybe this will help someone : don't connect a usb 3.0 hub (I think it has something to do with chipset used inside these hub's).

PS : anyone knows a work-around for this?

Regards,
Davy

Got mine working by removing GPU power cables, but now it wont shutdown and i dont know what is going on...

Asus 370x crosshair vi hero + R5 3600x
Vega 64