cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Disappeared in Device Manager (g75VX - Win10)

mtahoon
Level 7
i Cannot find anything related to the camera under device manager; there's no Imaging device branch altogether, and can't find it anywhere else.

it was working well on 8 & 8.1

But not sure it's disappeared right after windows 10 upgrade or later
3 REPLIES 3

Bill
Level 7
Hello mtahoon
I'm sorry but there's no official driver for the camera on WIN10
If the issue lies on Win10 itself, please check your spec and access the camera vendor website for Win10 driver
Thank you

Thanks for your reply Bill.

It's OK i can search for driver any where but my problem is it's not even identified in Device manager; does it still count as a missing driver issue?
i've checked the BIOS and no where the camera can be disabled, and i cannot find any device with yellow question mark or wrong camera driver used.
I just can't find anything in Device manager related to camera !

as you read above - there is no official solution, as IMHO, I really don't think you should wait for one, since IMH experience, asus really don't give a **** supporting rog laptops that are +1 year after their warranty ended.
( admins - if don't like my OPINION -> you've welcome to PM me so I can explain my experience with a ******* **** of a local asus rep you've got in my county ).

please do tell us what's the missing-driver-component's HW id ?
goto device manager - > right click on the line you think its the camera ( it should have a yellow sign ) -> properties -> details-> look for Hardware IDs.

when you know the ID - you can search for a driver HERE, or google for a driver ( you're on x64 probably, right ? )
also, if you can't find win10 driver but can found one for win8 - try to force install it by right click on the "camera" line in device manger -> update driver -> Browse -> let me pick -> have disk -> navigate to the inf of the extracted driver you've download and install the relevant one for you.

please report back with any findings.
mtahoon wrote:
Thanks for your reply Bill.

It's OK i can search for driver any where but my problem is it's not even identified in Device manager; does it still count as a missing driver issue?
i've checked the BIOS and no where the camera can be disabled, and i cannot find any device with yellow question mark or wrong camera driver used.
I just can't find anything in Device manager related to camera !
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]