Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

All RB does is run Luxmark with these parameters "--scene=LUXBALL_HDR --mode=BENCHMARK_OCL_CPUGPU --single-run"
    If running 3.1 Luxmark with these parameters does not replicate the downclocking then there's only one answer for you: There is a bug in the application you use to monitor the downclocking. There is no other logical and technically plausible explanation. Either the downclocking happens on both cases but is properly reported on one or vice versa.

Also regarding the failing of the encoding test in 2.54b, this indicates there's something wrong with your system in general or a bug in handbrake that manifests only in your system. What exactly, I can't tell with vague information about the error.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Enthusiast Array KeithMyers PC Specs
    KeithMyers PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3900X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080 Hybrid
    Graphics Card #2RTX 2080 Hybrid
    Graphics Card #3RTX 2080 Hybrid
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB
    CPU CoolerXSPC 360 V3 radiator Aqua Computer Kryos Cuplex Next
    CaseThermaltake Level 20 XT
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200
    OS Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC68R

Unhappy RB 2.44B worked fine

Quote Originally Posted by Nodens View Post
    All RB does is run Luxmark with these parameters "--scene=LUXBALL_HDR --mode=BENCHMARK_OCL_CPUGPU --single-run"
    If running 3.1 Luxmark with these parameters does not replicate the downclocking then there's only one answer for you: There is a bug in the application you use to monitor the downclocking. There is no other logical and technically plausible explanation. Either the downclocking happens on both cases but is properly reported on one or vice versa.

Also regarding the failing of the encoding test in 2.54b, this indicates there's something wrong with your system in general or a bug in handbrake that manifests only in your system. What exactly, I can't tell with vague information about the error.
    I don't know. Both SIV and GPU-Z reported the same clocks, but were different from RB. Only RB showed the downclock.

At this point I think I will just drop the issue. Maybe revisit RB further down the road. It works for many, but does not for me. I really don't have much use for a general benchmark program anyway as long as my computers pass AIDA64, Prime95 and OCCT without errors. If they do that I feel very comfortable in knowing that I am producing good science results for my distributed computing projects. That is all I really care about.

Thank you for your time in replying to my concerns. I only thought I was pointing out a possible flaw in your program.

Cheers.

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Its not down clocking it, its just when it grabs the info at the beginning its not under load. Try setting your power state to performance while running the bench and have HW monitor running in the back ground to monitor the clock or even better AIDA64,

Also what are you using to clock your GPU?

ROG Enthusiast Array KeithMyers PC Specs
    KeithMyers PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3900X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080 Hybrid
    Graphics Card #2RTX 2080 Hybrid
    Graphics Card #3RTX 2080 Hybrid
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB
    CPU CoolerXSPC 360 V3 radiator Aqua Computer Kryos Cuplex Next
    CaseThermaltake Level 20 XT
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200
    OS Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC68R

Duh, that might explain everything

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Its not down clocking it, its just when it grabs the info at the beginning its not under load. Try setting your power state to performance while running the bench and have HW monitor running in the back ground to monitor the clock or even better AIDA64,

Also what are you using to clock your GPU?
    Duh, that might explain everything I never thought of that. You are probably correct. I have tested RB by simply quitting BOINC and then shortly started running the RB benchmark suite. The cards probably started out the test still in P2 where they would have been in BOINC. I see the 1.5 Ghz clock reported in the log window right at the beginning. I really don't like unloading my systems from BOINC. I want them running all the time, 24/7. I don't stop running BOINC on my daily driver when I am doing normal computer stuff like browsing, email or financial work.

I believe when I ran the standalone Luxmark bencmark, the system had been idle for maybe 15 minutes or something like that. I use Nvidia Inspector to clock the cards. That program might have detected the drop in the normal P2 state compute load and pushed the cards into P0 state where they would run at stock boost speeds. That would explain perfectly me not noticing any drop in clock speeds. I never paid attention to what power state the cards were in when I ran the benchmark suites.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2