Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MNMadman View Post
    I had that after I finally got my board to boot with the center of the gasket removed too. Code 8 on this board is like code 00 on other boards -- CPU problem. Even with no RAM it did that for me. Needed a replacement CPU.
    I kept loosening the cooler more and more and then it started working mostly. Now it just freezes randomly... Even in the BIOS

ROG Member Array

I just want to confirm that everyone here having issues getting their computer to post is using the EK Supremacy? BTW I am having the same issues and am waiting on the new EK Supremacy AMD-only version to come in (it delivers tomorrow). It uses the stock AMD backplate which should, in theory, alleviate all these backplate issues we're having.

BTW yes the MB will boot with the middle rubber removed, but it will also randomly freeze and throw 08 errors as well. I am really hoping the new block will fix these issues.....

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lintrix View Post
    I just want to confirm that everyone here having issues getting their computer to post is using the EK Supremacy? BTW I am having the same issues and am waiting on the new EK Supremacy AMD-only version to come in (it delivers tomorrow). It uses the stock AMD backplate which should, in theory, alleviate all these backplate issues we're having.

BTW yes the MB will boot with the middle rubber removed, but it will also randomly freeze and throw 08 errors as well. I am really hoping the new block will fix these issues.....
    Yes that is correct, that seems to be the case for all of us.

ROG Enthusiast Array

My system is pretty stable right now. The thumbscrews (not the spring screws) only need to be tightened pretty loosely, so they won't wobble around.
    The spring screws can be tightened until the springs give you lots of noise and resistance.
    8 on post pretty much means still too much pressure, or dead socket or CPU. Test without any backplate at all and check if it posts, if it does, then the pressure was too high.

If your system is running and then goes blackscreen with 8 in the QCode, then this could be your overclock. When i crash on too high overclocks i get the 8 with a blinking status LED.

Btw... temperature reading on the Ryzen platform is kinda wonky right now. The ASUS AISuite reading is a bit slower than the Ryzen Master one and also lacks a few degrees below. But i don't really trust either of the two. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kobura View Post
    My system is pretty stable right now. The thumbscrews (not the spring screws) only need to be tightened pretty loosely, so they won't wobble around.
    The spring screws can be tightened until the springs give you lots of noise and resistance.
    8 on post pretty much means still too much pressure, or dead socket or CPU. Test without any backplate at all and check if it posts, if it does, then the pressure was too high.

If your system is running and then goes blackscreen with 8 in the QCode, then this could be your overclock. When i crash on too high overclocks i get the 8 with a blinking status LED.

Btw... temperature reading on the Ryzen platform is kinda wonky right now. The ASUS AISuite reading is a bit slower than the Ryzen Master one and also lacks a few degrees below. But i don't really trust either of the two. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
    Thanks for all the details Kobura, very helpful.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by whynotryzen View Post
    I just finished my Ryzen build and not only does my CH6 not boot, it doesn't do anything. No post, no power, no fans, no boot, nothing. The CPU_READY LED is green, the various RGB colors are changing, but no matter what I can't get the power to turn on. I've tested damn near everything (reseat CPU, breadboarding, reseat RAM, reseat GPU, reconnect power, etc) and nothing seems to work. Does this sound like a dead motherboard?
    Hi
    I have exactly the same problem. Some RGB lightening comes on. CPU ready green led is on. Nothing else. Start button has red light. Press it and it does not enter the
    POST routine. No fans on. No other leds lit. No qCodes displayed. Nothing.
    CPU cooler fan removed (air blower not water) for testing no difference. CPU checked for bent pins (none) and re-seated. No difference.

In case it was a PSU issue I fitted a brand new 700watt PSU. Before fitting I joined the greeen to black as a test. All voltages OK.

When fitted to the case and conected to the MB the Probelt points all read zero volts.
    Its as if the MB is not letting the PSU switch on.(ie what the green/black wire does/test checks.)

According to the ASUS website a "bare" board with just the 8 x way and 24 x way connectors fitted should at least start its POST when the button is pressed.
    OK it should give a pile of errors but mine does nothing. Even getting an error code would be a start. I just get nothing.

Any suggestions before I start looking into an RMA?

Dave
    Last edited by djcleckie; 01-06-2019 at 01:48 PM.

ROG Member Array

I'm having the same issue, but after months of successful operation. I was inserting a USB drive when the system shut down. Now only the mobo lights are on, no fans or beeps. This is with the Strix I x570 board and a 3700x, new Silverstone 650 PSU, stock AMD cooler, Trident Neo ram...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3