Thread: Error 55

ROG Member Array

Error 55

I know there is a topic about this already but maybe i can get some help specific to my setup.

CROSSHAIR VI HERO ATX w/ Ryzen 1800x
    Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
    Hydro Series™ H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    Asus GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card
    Sandisk X400 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
    Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT LCS ATX Full Tower Case

Its not my first time building a computer from scratch nor do i not know how to handle parts while installing.
    ERROR CODE 55 is coming on my board, but the werid thing is, it boots fine and detects the ram sometimes, id say 1 out of 5 - 10 times, it boots fine detecting ram, the other times the code 55 just comes. Then on the odd times it does bootup, it says overclocking failed, when i didnt even overclock. BIOS settings is at auto/default. I did research before typing this and tryed all the fixes:

-checked CPU for any bent pins all look fine.
    -check individual ram, but the same thing happens like when there is 2 rams in.
    -voltage is at 1.2V which is the reccomended (was auto detected)
    -the ram is detected at a target frequenency of 2133mhz (not even at its full potential of 2666mhz)
    -i have put them in there correct slots as reccomended in the mobo manual also.
    -all power power inputs are plugged in.

My ram isnt listed on this list: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...682.1488927659
    But i have read these ram listings are just ones tested by asus, and 9 out of 10 times, other rams work as long as they meet the requirements of the motherboard.

The fact its booting sometimes, makes me hope this can be fixed without assuming ram or mobo is bad. All my parts are brandnew.

I have also attached pictures of inside my build
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos pc1.jpg  

pc2.jpg  

ROG Member Array

asus reply

Got this response from asus, but im convinced its just a standard response and there might be another issue? Regardless, since im not one to wait i ordered (Kingston HyperX FURY Black 32GB Kit (4x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC) which is on there QVL, im hoping this solves it. But if anyone has more insight on how to fix, id love to hear it so i can just return the ram i just got it.

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
    My name is Korey M. and I understand that you are having difficulties getting your motherboard to POST.

Based on the q-code you are seeing, incompatible memory is the issue.

Your memory is not listed but it does not necessarily mean that the memory will not work with motherboard, it means there is no guarantee it will work.

Memory on the QVL were tested and have been confirmed to work with the motherboard.

In regards to your issue, it is advisable you choose memory from the compatibility list.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4000MHz 16-16-16-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyPC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 1200w
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G500
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hi RichardCharlesD

Welcome to the ROG forum.

It's definitely a ram issue with code 55, I don't know if the Crosshair boards have the Tweak Mode options but....

This is for my Maximus VIII Formula

Maximus Tweak Mode 1 - Helps with compatibility
    Maximus Tweak Mode 2 - Helps with overclocking

Check at the Top of the Dram Timing Control page and see if you have the Tweak Mode options and try Tweak Mode 1. If not, you could try bumping the Dram voltage to 1.35v to see if it stabilizes.

ROG Member Array

UPDATE: so after updating to the latest BIOS, i have seen some great improvement. Hasnt shown an ERROR 55 yet! Lets hope it stays this way. Will post here in a day or two with another update.

ROG Member Array

Which new BIOS are you talking about?
    The official beta one on the support site "5704", or the unofficial "5803" listed here in the forum?

ROG Member Array

unofficial "5803"

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

FYI 55 is not directly DRAM related (though DRAM stability can still affect it), it's PCI Express initialization. Older BIOS had some issues with certain M.2 drives which would cause it to stall at 55, I'd assume that was your problem.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post
    FYI 55 is not directly DRAM related (though DRAM stability can still affect it), it's PCI Express initialization. Older BIOS had some issues with certain M.2 drives which would cause it to stall at 55, I'd assume that was your problem.
    I seem to be getting 55 on overclocks over 3.9GHz without even touching the BCLK, but i'm still on 0702, because of all the bad news about BIOS bricks...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kobura View Post
    I seem to be getting 55 on overclocks over 3.9GHz without even touching the BCLK, but i'm still on 0702, because of all the bad news about BIOS bricks...
    no problem flashing to 5803,
    i dont think you could brick your mobo when you flash it to a newer bios. Im active on more toppics and nobody got it bricked when updating to 5803!
    Just do it save and use the flash utility in your bios. Works like a charm!

New ROGer Array Jonorees PC Specs
    Jonorees PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair IV Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)ADATA XPG Dazzle - DDR4 - 32GB : 2 x 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte G1 1070
    MonitorAsus Predator
    Storage #1Smasung 950
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H110i
    CaseCooler Master Pro 5
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post

I have this problem, Corsair MP-500 (CSSD-F480GBMP500) and running beta firmware