cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS X99 DELUXE II M.2 Issue

Beretta
Level 7
Hi guys, I just recently built a new system and ran into a bit of a problem. I've got a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 ssd and for some odd reason, whenever it's in the system, it hangs my boot right at the ASUS splash screen where it prompts you to enter the bios and I can't do anything. However, when I don't have it in my system I can get to the bios just fine. It's giving me a headache trying to figure out the issue, if anyone knows anything that would be great, thanks!

Mobo:*ASUS X99 DELUXE II
CPU:I7 6850k
MEM:G Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB
GPU:EVGA GTX 980*
STOR: 960 EVO, 850 EVO and 1TB WD Black
10 REPLIES 10

Yeah, I am. Still couldn't get it to work after that 😕 don't know if it's a hardware issue or not.*

Beretta wrote:
Yeah, I am. Still couldn't get it to work after that 😕 don't know if it's a hardware issue or not.*

Hi Beretta, were you able to resolve this issue?
I will be using to the same MB and SSD and would be interested in hearing how you solved your problem.

Thanks...

Testing12 wrote:
Hi Beretta, were you able to resolve this issue?
I will be using to the same MB and SSD and would be interested in hearing how you solved your problem.

Thanks...

sorry for the late response, but I sadly could never find a fix :(. The rig works perfectly, but as soon as I put the 960 EVO M.2 in, the system will not get pass the ASUS splash screen.*

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
There is an updated firmware for the Samsung 960 EVO so it's worth a try update it to the latest.

should I try to get the firmware while the drive is out and then try? Because I can't get to the bios or even boot with the drive in.

FonzieBulldog
Level 9
Strange that some Asus motherboards accept these M2 SSD and others dont.Had no problem on a Asus Hero VIII with bios 1701.Just to plug in and run.But then again, i am only a home experienced computer builder. 😮

FonzieBulldog wrote:
Strange that some Asus motherboards accept these M2 SSD and others dont.Had no problem on a Asus Hero VIII with bios 1701.Just to plug in and run.But then again, i am only a home experienced computer builder. 😮

so lucky! Wish my install was that easy. But another thing that worries me from the beginning, is the fact that I don't have a single setting in my bios that speaks about the M.2. I don't know if it only populates when it detects an M.2 or what.

Menthol
Level 14
Beretta,
If you clear cmos setting bios to defaults and power down your system and install the drive and it won't post to bios I would return the drive for exchange as it is likely faulty