cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Maximus IX Hero

thatruth
Level 7
Hello all.....I just recently built a new PC and I purchased a Maximus IX Hero board along with a Core I7 6700K CPU and 16 gigs (2 x 😎 Hyper Fury RAM. The problem I am having is that I can't get any of the windows OS or any other software for that matter to work on the system. It will get to the ROG logo and then it will get to the Windows logo as if it is going to start the install and then I get a BSOD that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". I have tried everything including removing any cards, reseating the CPU as well as the memory and I even swapped the PSU out with another one and it still did the same thing. I checked the memory with MEMOK and it checked out fine. I am at wits end and don't know if my board is defective or not. Can anyone suggest anything else? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15
List your complete system specifications including which Windows you're trying to install and what medium you're using for installation.

Chino wrote:
List your complete system specifications including which Windows you're trying to install and what medium you're using for installation.

Setup
I7-6700K LGA 1151
Maximus IX Hero
Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W PSU
Windows 10

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Are you using a USB pendrive or DVD for Windows installation? Also what is the model of your HDD/SSD?

Sorry about that....Yes I am using a USB pendrive and I am using a brand new Samsung V Nand SSD 850 Drive. It just keeps doing random reboots once it gets past the ROG logo and I can't figure it out. I hooked up a external optical drive but it is doing the same thing. I'm not for sure if it is my memory or motherboard causing the issue. The memory is listed in the QVL but i don't know if I have to do any configuring beyond the original settings.