cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose Network Connection when overclocking on Crosshair V Formula-Z

KrayZDawg
Level 7
Following this guide

https://rog.asus.com/articles/hands-on/guide-overclocking-fx-8350-to-4-8ghz-on-crosshair-v-formula-z...

I overclocked my CPU to 4.8, I did change my DRAM selection from his 1600MHz to 2400MHz. I did change the DRAM Voltage to 1.65v when doing so.

My problem is: I Load into these settings, I HAVE NO INTERNET.
I Load into Optimal Settings and my Internet is BACK

I am baffled to why when I overclock my system windows can't find my network adapter and when I'm running at factory settings it does..

PLS HELP ME!

Edit: Questions I know that will come up.

Bios Version: 2201
Network Adapter: Intel (R) 82583V Gigabit Network Connection, Driver Version: 12.15.22.6
Power Supply: 1200W
3 REPLIES 3

Well, I tried using auto tune after putting my bios back to default. It didn't even get to 4.1 before the computer shut down. I've heard auto tune is crap but it would have at least have given me an idea of where to start with my overclock.

I'm not new to overclocking however I've only done minor tweeks.

Should I be worried that I get a crap cpu? Can you offer any advice to me.

So after My Clear misunderstanding of what was going on. I Reran Auto Tune under extreme OC. I took note on the CPU Bus Frequency and when it changed to 216 that is when the computer reset. However when I loaded back into the bios, it's successful ratio of 212 was not set; I believe it was set to 203. So I decided to play around.

I tested out Ratios between 212 and 216 and settled with 215.

CPU: 4.3 GHz, DRAM: 1,728Mhz

Ran some benchmarks to check for stability and so far everything is in the CLEAR. I would however like to eventually go back into the bios under manual settings and check the voltages but so far nothing seems to be wrong.