cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C6H Fan Control

GalaxyDrifter
Level 7
I am a retired PC tech, who has been building systems for over 20 years.

BUT, now it has now been over 7 years since last did a new build. This will be my first water cooling as well as my first use of any real software fan control.

I am good for most most of the build, but I have a couple of questions about the fans.

I will be using a total of 5 Corsair 140mm PWM fans, including the two on the H110i radiator.

My main question is where should I plug the 2x radiator fans? Into the AiO or on the motherboard? Also, why is one preferred over the other?

Second question is do I want to use Corsairs software, or just use the Asus software?

There is also a fan controler in the case itself (Corsair 600Q), but I assume that would be the least of the considerations.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Raja
Level 13
You can use the chassis fans for fan control if you wish. Corsair's software doesn't play well with the ASUS software, so use one or the other. The ASUS fan control options are a bit more versatile, so I'd go with those. In fact, you can control the headers directly from firmware if you wish - no need to use the software.

-Raja

But if the radiator fans are plugged into the H110i instead of mb header, will the Asus software and/or bios have direct control over them?

FuryA
Level 8
hi GalaxyDrifte

ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO has 4 Fan PWM connectors
and 2 PUMP connectors for AIO and Water cooling
my advice is that install PWM fan connector on the 4 Fans
PWM connectors and H110i pump connect to AIO connector
about the fan control ,use AI Suite3 or BIOS setting only 🙂

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi GalaxyDrifte

ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO has 4 Fan PWM connectors
and 2 PUMP connectors for AIO and Water cooling
my advice is that install PWM fan connector on the 4 Fans
PWM connectors and H110i pump connect to AIO connector
about the fan control ,use AI Suite3 or BIOS setting only 🙂

Ok, thanks.

If the mb only has 4 fan headers, will I need a splitter for my 5th pwm fan? I was going on the info on the product page which says "5 x 4-Pin PWM Fans".

Now if I can just get Amazon to send me the board, I will be able to check it myself (pre-ordered on Feb 23)

Raja
Level 13
The pump headers can be configured to control fans, and they have the same level of control options.