cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1080 mini Zotac with G20?

Gengaku
Level 9
Anyone here have purchased a gtx 1080 mini from zotac?
Is this compatible to our Asus G20? Like will it fit or have enough power for it?
8 REPLIES 8

chilinmichael
Level 10
The best idea is to stick with the reference cards only. The one you are listing here seems to be of the design that it uses case air and circulates it, not good for our PCs.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

xeromist
Michael is correct that you want a blower style cooler, not open air.

As for power, if you have the dual power supply setup 180w+230w adapters then you can run a 1080 (newest G20 has 1080) just not the 1080 Ti. Just go with a blower style 1080 and you'll be good.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
Gengaku wrote:
Anyone here have purchased a gtx 1080 mini from zotac?
Is this compatible to our Asus G20? Like will it fit or have enough power for it?

that card won't fit into the asus rog g20 anyway dude, yeah founders edition is the best way but the turbo version is like the founders but cheaper

spartan_hoplite
Level 10
The card won`t fit. I bought one. the actual card is much larger than shown on zotac website.

Expectation:

Reality:

spartan_hoplite wrote:
The card won`t fit. I bought one. the actual card is much larger than shown on zotac website.

Expectation:

Reality:

Tnx for taking one for the team this helps ALOT. Was deciding on getting this one since it is a bit faster than reference model.
I guess I need better options.

Now I'm wondering if the strix version will fit if we make a few modification with the case. Any thoughts?

Thanks to everyone who replied for more info about the power and type of gpu compatible with the unit.
I'm planning to get the 230w extra adapter since I already have the 180w one.Will be getting this from local ASUS service provider.
And yes the blower type gpu is most benificial for the G20

I'm just wondering why they sell this G20 with a gtx 745 which is not a blower type designed gpu.
So was thinking a mini gtx 1080 would work as well. Thanks again!

Gengaku wrote:
Tnx for taking one for the team this helps ALOT. Was deciding on getting this one since it is a bit faster than reference model.
I guess I need better options.

Now I'm wondering if the strix version will fit if we make a few modification with the case. Any thoughts?

Thanks to everyone who replied for more info about the power and type of gpu compatible with the unit.
I'm planning to get the 230w extra adapter since I already have the 180w one.Will be getting this from local ASUS service provider.
And yes the blower type gpu is most benificial for the G20

I'm just wondering why they sell this G20 with a gtx 745 which is not a blower type designed gpu.
So was thinking a mini gtx 1080 would work as well. Thanks again!

The strix version won`t fit, the cooler is much too big. The only model that fit is the founder edition & Asus Turbo version.

xeromist
The 745 is a *very* low wattage part so it generates much less heat and a blower is less critical. I couldn't even find TDP with a cursory search but it's going to be less than the 55w of the 750.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Ravenholme
Level 7
Honestly Stick with Reference / Founders Edition cards. those have proper spec measurements that will absolutely fit. anything outside that spec WILL NOT fit. I use a Founders Edition GTX 1080 and it fits and runs fine since release.