cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrability of G20CB?

abhisheksha
Level 7
Hi,

Can the GTX 1080 fitted in the G20CB be upgraded? Briefly, can you please let me know what would entail for upgrading? And, the complexity of the procedure?

Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
I pretty much answered this question 2 days ago in your other thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91492-Good-time-to-buy-ASUS-ROG-G20CB&p=636431&viewfull=1#...

The 1080 is the most powerful card available that will work in a G20. Not enough power for a Ti and you can't add the needed power without extensive warranty-voiding modification. You would be better off buying a different PC pre-built with a 1080 Ti.

Perhaps next generation you could upgrade to a "GTX 1180", as long as the power requirements are similar to the 1080.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
abhisheksha wrote:
Hi,

Can the GTX 1080 fitted in the G20CB be upgraded? Briefly, can you please let me know what would entail for upgrading? And, the complexity of the procedure?

Thank you!

yeah the G20CB has loads of upgrades, from cpu to memory and ssd and graphics card, its not hard to upgrade and I have videos on how to do so, you will void your warranty if you open your machine so check the age of pc and if you want to take that risk. also the gtx 1080 will fit, best card is the founders edition

Whoopee