cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about RoG Spatha's Micro USB port size

jmike
Level 7
I haven't found a great picture to get an idea of it's size but I did notice it's included cable is a bit odd shaped. Is the opening on the mouse capable of accepting any Micro cable? I ask because both of my wireless Naga's use proprietary cables due to the opening size.
MAIN RIG:
Maximus X | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | 2x EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | EVGA Supernova G3 1000 |
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
The actual connection is the standard USB micro, however the cable that comes with it is made to slide into the slot for better retention so a fat headed connector isnt going to fit.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
The actual connection is the standard USB micro, however the cable that comes with it is made to slide into the slot for better retention so a fat headed connector isnt going to fit.

Yep. After a bit more searching I stumbled upon THIS picture and it does look as if the cable is almost proprietary. I have some cables with extremely tiny heads but looking at the two slots cut in the included cable, I'm not sure even the small ones I have would suffice.

Now I guess the question is would Asus sell replacement cables? I tried to get one for the Naga and Razer's answer was a firm No.
MAIN RIG:
Maximus X | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | 2x EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | EVGA Supernova G3 1000 |

Let me help.

Works fine:

The top one does not work (too fat):

So get thin usb cables and you are fine.