cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus HD 7970s are available at New Egg!

mdzcpa
Level 12
Woot! My Asus HD 7970 crossfire cards are on the way!!

Go grab 'em while their hot!
20 REPLIES 20

Sir_Slappy
Level 9
You must have been quick on the trigger haha. Those puppies sold out pretty quick along with all the other brand's HD 7970's
Motherboard- Maximus VII GENE
CPU- Intel i5-4690K 4.5GHz 1.25Vcore
CPU Cooler- EK Supremacy (Acetal+ Nickel)
RAM- 16gb G.Skill 2133MHz 9-11-11-31 1.6V
GPU- EVGA GTX 780
SSD- OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
SSD- Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
PSU- EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2
Case- CaseLabs SM5
OS- Windows 8.1 64bit

mdzcpa
Level 12
Yeah, I had been keeping an eye on the Egg all day yesterday and I pulled the trigger as soon as I saw them. I wanted to make sure I secured any early set of the reference design cards so I could make sure the new Koolance 7970 waterblocks will fit.

I posted up here as soon as I saw them too in order to give my ROG brothers the heads up! Hopefully they come back into stock soon.

chrsplmr
Level 18
...beats the heart of a true ROG...well played brother...looking forward to your thoughts...
if the70's dont scramble ur brain...that is...hahahha...luck of the ROG to ya.c.

DangerClose
Level 7
Running 3 of them, they are the most amazing cards I've ever used.
*Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 3930K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 - 2x Corsair Force GT 120GB SSDs - WD VelociRaptor 600GB Steam drive - 3x 7970 Tri-Fire !! - Corsair AX1200 PSU - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - H100 Cooler - Win7 x64 Ultimate :cool::cool::cool:

HiVizMan
Level 40
You have no idea how much I hate you right now DangerClose - 3 you are running 3 and I can not even find one.

There are a few other choice words I would like to add at this point but suspect the admin would strip my status and ban my ass if I did. 😄

Enjoy them mate and post up some place how they work with the Crosshair V board re throttling or anything like that happening yeah. And link back here so I can check it out please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I noticed over at HardOCP folks talking about the launch time for the card. Eastern Pacific time launch were bandied around. So I thought to myself I bet they mean Thailand time and sure enough.

They were all sold out 5 minutes after I ordered.
Got it on Wednesday.

Wow what a card………….

120Hz on DVI-D in 3d on my Samsung S27A950d monitor.
ROG Maximus IV Gene-Z / Gen3, Z68
2600k Core i7 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 cooler
ASUS Radeon HD 7970
16.0GB G.Skill Sniper 1866
180.0GB Corsair Force GT SDD SATA3
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Samsung S27A950d 27" 3D monitor

Mummy
Level 8
3 of those! are you mad bro? 😉
I have preordered one of those but even my deler dont have a date for it. so i can only hope i get it before Summer 🙂
CPU: AMD FX-8150 MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula DDR3: 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866
GPU: ASUS 7970 SSD: 4x Corsair F3 120GB @ Raid0 PSU: SF Golden Silent 500W OS: W7 Ultimate 64bit

Their back in stock at Newegg. I just got an email alert. showing 10

mdzcpa
Level 12
These cards are SWEET. Best thing AMD (ATI) has released in many generations. Although some folks are having some driver issues, mine seem to be running fine in crossfire. They run quite cool. I've overclocked them as far as AMD Overdrive will allow and they totally stable. Now I'm working on upping things more the Asus GPU Tweak. Man these things are beastly fast!