cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BETA BIOS 0902 out

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jh6j4v8ezuqzy1u/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-0902.zip

From here over on OCN http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/820#post_25910910

Good to read that thread at the moment...what with teething problems...

Before any hysterics...this is a BETA BIOS from a reputable source...however it's a BETA. You are well within your rights to wait for official posting on the MB page....
103 REPLIES 103

Oromit
Level 7
Is this a trustworthy source?
Getting a BIOS Update via Mediafire from a dude with not even 100 posts seems a bit... unusual?

Oromit wrote:
Getting a BIOS Update via Mediafire from a dude with not even 100 posts seems a bit... unusual?

If you follow that thread, you would that this "dude" is actually one of the people actually working on the bios.

If you don't trust it, just stay away, but one of the main attractions of this bios is it may solve one of the problems that are causing people to brick their motherboards and require an RMA to fix it.

Oromit wrote:

Check the main rog.asus.com page in the Ryzen overclocking announcement (link) -- elmore is a world-renowned overclocker and works in ASUS R&D. I'm already running the 5803 BIOS which he posted and I will be updating to 0902 immediately after work. You are free to wait for an official update if you wish.

MNMadman wrote:
Check the main rog.asus.com page in the Ryzen overclocking announcement (link) -- elmore is a world-renowned overclocker and works in ASUS R&D. I'm already running the 5803 BIOS which he posted and I will be updating to 0902 immediately after work. You are free to wait for an official update if you wish.

Too little , too late for me. I bought my Crosshair VI on March 2nd from Micro Center here in Brooklyn. After 4 days of hell I returned it on March 6. It would not post, no video came up, and no beep after powering on without ram. A real dud. When I went to Micro Center Monday the sales rep who built a Ryzen display computer told me the brutal truth. More than half the Crosshair VI boards sold ther in the 3 days of launch had been returned for failure to post, I see no Crosshair VI boards available either at Micro Center or Newegg. My guess is that the returns were so large that they pulled them back from retail until they could get a grip on the problem. I bought two Asus ROG board for AMD and a couple of others over the years. I asked Jim, the sales rep if there was any high end x370 board that has not had returns. He said only the MSI Xpower Titanium. So I used my store credit for my Asus ROG return and plunked down the extra $45 . MY install was like a piece of cake. Of course there are bios issues. Memory speeds are slower than rated especially if you fill all 4 slots and are using 32 GB like me. I sold my G.Skill Trident Z 16gb dimms because double rank dimms are a really slow on Ryzen no matter which motherboard you use. Hopefully there will be some microcode and bios improvements that will help alleviate this issue to some extent. I am sad that I had to dump the Crosshair VI but no posting and and it not being just an isolated case forced my hand.

One bug on 0902 for me:

Fan Expert 4 totally doesn't work anymore.

Anyone else noticed deadly high cpu voltages?
On auto my cpu voltage jumps around 1.5V in idle. HWmonitor even noticed peek 2.8V.

Auto setting doest seem to have any limits

I have the opposite problem on voltage. I have it set to 1.36 or 1.37 and cpu-z sees drops down to 1.35, then 1.33, then down to 1.30. From what i understand CPU-z is not reading proper voltage, but the odd thing is when I was stress testing it would only crash when cpu-z read the voltage at 1.3, as soon as it dropped, within a fraction of a second, the system crashed. Also anytime I change the multiplier the temperature now reads 0c and will fluctuate between 0-3c, turn off the multiplier and temps read as normal.

0902 seems really bad for basic overclocking so far, I'm still waiting for my am4 bracket from corsair, so i've been stuck with the wraith cooler. I had it super stable with the last public release bios at 3.7ghz at 1.35v, now i can't even push 3.6Ghz at 1.375. There is also inherent issues I have seen in games, not only crashing, but also really terrible frame rates at times and odd freezes where I can hear a buzzing sound through my headphones that last half a second or so. This is through an asus xonar xense pci-e card. It's pretty unlikely to be card related since it worked perfectly with the last public bios.

Regardless of the junkyness of 0902, It's still better than bricking the thing. Just hoping they roll out another update before too long.

Pandemix wrote:
I have the opposite problem on voltage. I have it set to 1.36 or 1.37 and cpu-z sees drops down to 1.35, then 1.33, then down to 1.30. From what i understand CPU-z is not reading proper voltage, but the odd thing is when I was stress testing it would only crash when cpu-z read the voltage at 1.3, as soon as it dropped, within a fraction of a second, the system crashed. Also anytime I change the multiplier the temperature now reads 0c and will fluctuate between 0-3c, turn off the multiplier and temps read as normal.

Try LLC Level 3. This seems like a vdroop that makes your CPU unstable. You might have to reduce the manual vCore after, since a higher LLC level means higher voltage upper limits.

Thanks for the cred, lol.

Kobura wrote:
One bug on 0902 for me:

Fan Expert 4 totally doesn't work anymore.

Does the fan setting stick now in the BIOS at least?

Sturmer wrote:
Anyone else noticed deadly high cpu voltages?
On auto my cpu voltage jumps around 1.5V in idle. HWmonitor even noticed peek 2.8V.

Auto setting doest seem to have any limits

Which bios is that on? There's a problem with the readout (if your CPU wouldn't be running any more if it it was really at 2.8V). At default you could be seeing up to 1.45V due to CPB/XFR.