cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG27A stuck at 24hz above 1080p resolution

TeddyBeer
Level 7
Hello people,
I recently build my new pc (https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TeddyBeer/saved/j2xp99).
And i realized yesterday that my monitor was running at 4K, but 24hz instead of the normal 60.
I tried to go into the Nvidia control panel to change it, and among the propositions, I can't get anything but 23 or 24hz with any resolution above 1920*1080.
I then tried to create a personalised resolution (where you can set anything you want), but whenever I test the setting i put in, screen goes black says "HDMI no signal", and doesn't save the changes. I'm using the cable that came with the monitor, and it's plugged in the graphics card.
I have the drivers installed, and at this point, i'm out of ideas.
3 REPLIES 3

Crashcourse316
Level 9
HDMI 1.4 will only run 4k at 24hz max. Anything less won't run 4k at any rate. The monitor was only built with a HDMI 1.4 input. The cable provided is going to match that at HDMI 1.4. The monitor came with a Display port Cable as well. Most likely a DP 1.2 cable to match the input on the monitor. The DP 1.2 cable will be what you need to use to get 4k at 60HZ on this monitor as the monitor can only run HDMI 1.4. If your PC is exactly what oyu listed in your part picker than you have a 1080 with 2 or 3 display port inputs I believe. I can't remember... anyways use your provided display port cable instead of HDMI and your issue should be fixed right away.

following Image pulled from the owners manual (also provided with your monitor purchase)

I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Well, another problem resolved by the fact i should have just read the manual 😄
All I have to do now is to find my cable into the mess of my stuff.

Thanks for the quick and precise anwser, it's very helpfull

TeddyBeer wrote:
Well, another problem resolved by the fact i should have just read the manual

Lol, It happens.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.