Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i
    Keyboard Rantopad MXX Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Cooler Master MM520
    Headset Sennheiser GAME ONE
    Mouse Pad AUKEY Gaming Mouse Pad XXL
    Headset/Speakers E-MU XM7 Bookshelf Speakers
    OS Win 8.1 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by aan3kk View Post
    I fully agree with you. The motherboard looks awesome and is even better on paper but once you use it it is just mediocre. The support (I'm talking about the German support) is either completely crap or just for this Mainboard. I created a thread about my issues and linked in my previous posting. Support told me to get the latest drivers for ASMedia USB3.0 from a website of a PC Magazine. Boy, I can google myself. If ASMedia would provide the drivers themself there wouldn't be a problem because I always get the drivers directly from the manufacturer of the chip and not from the Mainboard manufacturer (since those drivers are known to be outdated).
    I agree. For my past networking issues, Asus Italy support just linked me the latest Intel driver pack: like I hadn't already tried that!
    On the other hand, from my experience, I would just add that generally it is not always wise to use the latest drivers on older components, since in most cases they include fixes and/or optimizations only for recent hardware, which may instead break something on older one.

I don't have that many issues as you have, maybe because I did not installed any ASUS driver beside the Ai Charger+ (which isn't developed by ASUS itself). I don't use the SupremeFX Hi-Fi but the onboard soundcard but I also use the Windows 10 drivers here. And for the most other parts I directly went to Intel to get the latest drivers.
    I did not. Like you, I like a simple and clean environment, so, mainly, I manually install just the actual, strictly needed drivers through the Device Manager.
    Furthermore, I use and highly recommend this forum https://www.win-raid.com/forum.php which is a great source of the most recent drivers and general knowledge about Drivers Setup & Maintenance, and also this site http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?lang=fr from which the former takes a lot, but I advise some caution, as said above.
    And I know about the S/W outsourcing, but I don't see why it should bother me as a customer: it's your responsibility as a company to make a functioning product, outsourcing or not.

'm a long-time ASUS customer (20+ years) and I was always happy with ASUS and the support they provided but now especially the support is pure crap and completely useless and I'm also thinking about leaving ASUS behind and go to a different manufacturer. For sure I had some Mainboards that weren't good, for example one with a nVIDIA nForce 2 chipset. It wasn't ASUS fault but nVIDIA and that's why there's no nForce anymore. Or the P4B533-E which was prone to blown Elkos but again this was a general problem through all manufacturers, that's why we have capped Elkos today.
    I do have a second R5E10. The problem there is that the white foil between the PCH heatsink and the LED PCB below is missing, thus the LED light is not smoothed out but you can see the PCB below. Minor problem, easily to fix but ASUS support told me to return the Mainboard to the vendor. After I asked them if they're serious about me completely disassembling my PC just for a tiny white foil and telling them that it's not the vendors fault but ASUS QA failed doing their job they simply replied with how I can RMA the motherboard.
    Me too. I have always had Asus MB in my PC, I recognize they have made history in the PC motherboard industry.

Ah, the dear old faulty capacitor affair... been there, done that
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

This is funny: on my first R5E10, after accidentally touching the PCH heatsink, I realized, to my astonishment, that they used some cheap painting (I guess acrylic) on the LED PCH heatsink cover, because it smeared all over my finger: I mean, Asus, come on...
    I could not care less for fricking LEDs, so it was not that big of a deal, however it is sad to see this kind of things.

Hell, I even bought complete custom watercooling blocks for the R5E10 from EKWB. One monoblock (VRM + CPU + PCH) and single blocks (one for VRM, one for CPU, one for PCH).

ASUS support is not supporting anymore but just redirecting customers to 3rd parties so that they have to care about the customer. I expect more. For a Mainboard that costs nearly 500€ I except even more and especially for loyal and long-term customers I expect even much more.
    For example "Dear customer, we'll contact ASMedia to get the most recent drivers. If the problem is not solved with these new drivers please contact us again and we'll happily assist you in solving this." or "I'm sorry to hear our QA failed to spot this flaw. If you are ok with this I could send you either the whole PCH heatsink or just the plastic inlay depending on what you prefer. If that is not what you want I kindly ask you to RMA your Motherboard so we can send you a replacement before you have to send in your current Mainboard."
    That's exactly what I think. Simply put, at this kind price, I do not expected to have to tinker and fiddle too much with it to simply work as intended, less than that the thing being broken as it is. There are much cheaper working alternatives on the market.
    In the end, I was very fortunate with the returning card management just because it did not involve Asus at all, but just my vendor (Amazon), which kindly accepted a full, uncontested refund (partially thanks to my good status as a buyer), even after six months or so.

It's the 10th Anniversary of ASUS ROG and they nearly don't support it at all.
    Hear hear
    Last edited by midlife_crisis; 02-06-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3