cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything to speed POST?

Bureaucromancer
Level 7
So my system is working pretty well, except that the POST times are oddly long. As in approach 10 seconds of flashing qcodes before the splashscreen. Mind you this is not failed posts, but consistent between boots. It is faster if I reduce the amount of RAM, but thats not really an option.

Anything that can be done here?
2 REPLIES 2

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Bureaucromancer 🙂 and Welcome to ROG.

You can choose Fast boot options in Bios. The post cycle can be reduced significantly from certain checks and wait times, however only do this once your system is stable.
If using an SSD then Power On to MS splash screen can be reduced to around 20-25secs.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

JustinThyme
Level 13
Relax, pick your nose or something for 10 seconds and don't obsess about it. Let the machine do its thing. Anything you do to try and make it 9 seconds is gonna bite you in the arse later. Fast boot is a joke. It doesn't speed up anything and causes more problems than almost anything else. You can cut that time in half but guess what? No Qcodes and no wait at F1 if your OC or any other setting takes a dump. One setting in the BIOS will cut 3 seconds in itself. Im not going to tell you which one because I don't give lame advice, you will only cause your self more issues.

I actually get a good laugh when I see posts that say long boot and 10 seconds in the same sentence. Post back when you take 2-3 minutes, then you have a legitimate gripe and it is an oddly long time.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein