cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY-cooling issue

patosa1989
Level 7
Hi

I have heat and vibration issues with my G751JY. Laptop feels quite warm when under stress, like gaming. This is mostly noticable in numbad-area.
HWMonitor shows under 40 celcius for both GPU and CPU when idle. During gaming GPU is under 75 celcius. However CPU can be over 80.

I have cleaned fans with canned air. I also had them cleaned in repair shop with air(laptop was not oppened). I also did Windows 10 reset as suggested by ASUS. These measures did not fix this problem, but helped a little bit. Today one of the cores went to 92 while playing Division and HWinfo warned about thermal throttling in that core. Fans do run and usually quite loudly.

Laptop also vibrates slightly. I notice this even when using external keyboard if it is in contact with laptop. I do not know if these problems are connected.

I asked ASUS and local repair shop about heat issue. ASUS told me to RMA laptop if i find it necessary after all their suggestions to fix this failed(canned air, Windows 10 reset) but it will cost money if they cannot find any problems. I have 4 months of warranty left. Hence I decided to ask about this here.

Weird thing is that both fands were replaced by asus 6 months ago.

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2

Ancients
Level 10
If it is vibrating it means that either your fans are vibrating and are off-axis or something is going wonky with a hard drive in your system. Can you tell where the vibration is coming from?

Vibration is most noticable around middle of keyboard, abobe space-button. Vibration becomes less noticable futher away from the center.