cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RealBeanch 'Instability detected...' issues, why and how to solve?

MMikhail
Level 9
I have been battling with the dreaded RealBeanch 'Instability detected...' issue for a very long time and now I believe I have found the reason why it is happening, or more precisely I know how to trigger it or how to prevent it.

Setup: Asus Z170-A (3301) , 6700K (4.2), 4x8GB(2666 at 2400), STRIX 1070, Win10 (all updates to current date)

If I run RB stress test and keep the system busy from going to screensaver mode (Have it set at 10 mins) the test can run indefinitely without problems.
In fact it's enough to move the mouse a little every 8 mins and keep the system busy with RB.

But if you leave RB running unattended and screensaver kicks in, we are waiting for trouble.
The screen saver is a default slideshow one that come with windows, nothing special, so how does it effect the system is a mystery.
But possibly something is triggered in windows that does harm.
In other words, you are likely to get the instability detected warning and RB stress test stopped within minutes after the SS.
This can be easily spotted by quickly updating images in the slideshow, during RB stress test they update slowly.

So here comes the question for the brainy people here.
What can we do? Any particular setting in UEFI can help ? Or is it a MS bug?
5 REPLIES 5

MeanMachine
Level 13
Why don't you just have your Screen saver disabled or set timer to come on after test has finished (Wait time is your choice) when running Realbench. You don't get the best results with Realbench with apps open in test mode nor benchmark.
In W10, right click on desktop and choose Personalize. When menu appears search for Screen saver and it will search then bring up settings.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

I am not referring to benchmarks but to stress test loop and how it works.
If there is no real problem on the system, why does is fail ?
Does it check for changes in system performance?
And really, it would have always helped if the error was more verbal.
eg. failed crc check in test xxx, or result of some operation gave unexpected result.
Currently it's a guess yourself.

Anybody tried to run RB stress test with slideshow screensaver active and a few large jpeg files?

SOLVED!

RealBench 2.44 causes false positive instability reports when Windows ScreenSaver engine is enabled.

Solution:

Use RealBench 2.53b, has build in temperature monitoring and works! Peace of mind and finally relax 😉

(Took numerous hours of testing, actually days, and overall over 4 moth of stress and headaches)

MMikhail wrote:
SOLVED!

RealBench 2.44 causes false positive instability reports when Windows ScreenSaver engine is enabled.

Solution:

Use RealBench 2.53b, has build in temperature monitoring and works! Peace of mind and finally relax 😉

(Took numerous hours of testing, actually days, and overall over 4 moth of stress and headaches)

+1
I've been dealing with this since Sunday. I'd go crazy and scrap the PC after 4 months. But as you stated....Peace of mind and time to relax..maybe start enjoying games again.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

There is already one thread regarding this non-issue. Closing this one.