cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Effects

huPo1337
Level 7
Hi,

i cant find the q-code LED function setting that is described in the manual see attachment
18 REPLIES 18

MNMadman
Level 8
That's because it's not actually there. The manual is wrong.

MNMadman wrote:
That's because it's not actually there. The manual is wrong.

So you want to tell me that the manual they offer is wrong? WTF

MNMadman
Level 8
The setting might have been there in a test build BIOS or something, but I haven't seen it in any of the BIOS versions I've used.

Hehe, in the manual of my GL753 laptop says that when the GREEN battery LED is lit...
There is NO green LED on the laptop. NONE. Welcome to ASUS. They don't give a f@ck.

MNMadman wrote:
The setting might have been there in a test build BIOS or something, but I haven't seen it in any of the BIOS versions I've used.

no test build bios its more like copy pasta from some previouse similiar product well i just guess but thats all i can do

The LED option exists, but is hidden in Advanced -> Onboard Devices Configuration.

Just the QCode settings are kinda missing. I would expect them to add these features as soon as the boards are fully stable and fine for some nice OC tweaking.

Kobura wrote:
The LED option exists, but is hidden in Advanced -> Onboard Devices Configuration.

Just the QCode settings are kinda missing. I would expect them to add these features as soon as the boards are fully stable and fine for some nice OC tweaking.

Yeah, we already know where it is. But that particular setting is missing, and I haven't seen it in any of the BIOS versions I've used. It was likely in a test BIOS build back when the manual was printed, but it may or may not be coming back.

MNMadman wrote:
Yeah, we already know where it is.

The manual actually points to a different entry.

Just hope they'll add a function to disable the RGB light show when the system is shut off sometime in the future...

Kobura wrote:
Just hope they'll add a function to disable the RGB light show when the system is shut off sometime in the future...

There already is one in the BIOS. I just don't remember where it is off-hand. When I get home from work (2.5 hours from now or thereabouts) I'll find it.