cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVEX USB Ports disconnect/reconnect randomly

APatte111
Level 7
Wondering if anyone had any ideas or advice that may fix my problem...

I bought a Blue Yeti (non-pro) desktop microphone to use while gaming. When I plug it into a USB port on the rear of my mobo, my connected USB devices randomly disconnect/reconnect. I am curious as to if an external/powered USB hub would help in this situation. My current specs are:

ASUS Rampage V Edition 10
Intel i7-6850K
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz DDR4 (32 GBs)
Corsair AX1200i
EVGA Hybrid 1080
OC Panel
SupremeFX Hi-Fi dac
4x Samsung 950 Pro SSD
1x WD Black 4 TB HDD
Internal NZXT powered USB 2.0 header hub
Corsair H110v2 AIO

*External USB (on rear I/O of mobo)

Corsair K95 RGB keyboard
Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB
Astro A40TR
Western Digital MyBook external HDD
4-port USB Hub (non-powered)

What occurs is that after plugging in the Blue Yeti, all USB devices (including the internally connected devices) reset and then come back on. I can even hear the SupremeFX Hi-Fi dac tick, as though it loses power and then regains power. Once again, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

APatte111
Level 7
Well, it's not a power issue. I plugged the Blue Yeti into the internal USB hub, which is powered directly from the PSU, and the same issue occurred. I'm assuming that the Blue Yeti is not compatible with another piece of my hardware or with the SupremeFX Hi-Fi dac, which would suck because I really enjoy gaming with my audio headphones over my gaming headset.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I would wonder about the electrical integrity of that device if the relays are clicking on your soundcard...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
I would wonder about the electrical integrity of that device if the relays are clicking on your soundcard...

Yeah, I am starting to think that it may be something to do with the SupremeFX Hi-Fi dac that came bundled with the mobo. I have had the microphone live for about the past 10 minutes now, blaring i-Tunes and haven't had any disconnects with the speakers as the default playback device. Wondering if it is either a conflict between the microphone and the dac or just a problem with the dac in general.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I mean if the mic is causing power cuts in USB I'd wonder about the mic...electrically.

Maybe incompatibility but I'd be cautious..

Aaaa... Ok. I'm going to keep doing some tests with it. It seems to work fine with the speakers selected as the default playback device. I'm curious if it may be a conflict with the mic input on the dac (nothing plugged into it).

I'm testing it now with headphones plugged into the dac after disabling two things:

1) Headphone input from Blue Yeti
2) Microphone input on dac

Could the headphone input on Blue Yeti have been conflicting with the headphone input on dac and vice versa with the microphone inputs?

Or would you be lead to believe that it is strictly something electrical. The tick noise was only heard when the usb devices seemed to reset. As though the controller was completely shutting down and then restarting (if that make sense).

Well, I am dumbfounded...

The Blue Yeti works fine when my speakers are selected as the default sound device. If I make the SupremeFX Hi-Fi dac the default playback device, all hell breaks loose and all of my USB devices disconnect/reconnect intermittently. All of this is while listening to i-Tunes.

I played for about an hour last night and was in a party and it worked fine, but this morning I have begun to have these issues. Unsure of what steps to take next to attempt to resolve the issue.

APatte111 wrote:
Well, I am dumbfounded...

The Blue Yeti works fine when my speakers are selected as the default sound device. If I make the SupremeFX Hi-Fi dac the default playback device, all hell breaks loose and all of my USB devices disconnect/reconnect intermittently. All of this is while listening to i-Tunes.

I played for about an hour last night and was in a party and it worked fine, but this morning I have begun to have these issues. Unsure of what steps to take next to attempt to resolve the issue.

Perhaps the Blue Yeti has conflicts with the DAC driver.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes that makes sense but it rings alarm bells for me...not sure that should be happening.

Might be one thing trying to turn off the other...taking over as it were but I don't see that it would power off the usb controller to do it...though I may be wrong...

I don't know how selective USB suspend works....