cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Code 24

Knoevenagel
Level 7
Hey guys, I just ended Building my new Ryzen Setup.

Ryzen 1800X
Asus Crosshair Hero VI
Trident Z 3200 MhZ max. (2666MhZ)
MSI RX 480
950 Evo (Win10)+ HDD

When the PC finished booting, the LED below the Q-Codes disappears and Code 24 is shown..
Yesterday, the System crashed several Times showing ErrorCode 8 and a yellow flashing led. (Crash=Fans are still moving, but not Signal to the Monitor)

RAM was testet in different Positions, BIOS is up to date

I dont want to ignore this Problem, because i paid a lot of Money 🙂 Do you guys have any Ideas? (+ Asus Software like ROG Connector isnt working for me)
17 REPLIES 17

Rigg3d
Level 7
How many sticks of RAM are you using? and in what DIMM slots?
(DIMM slots from left of CPU are A1 - A2 - B1 - B2)

RAM is set in A2 B2. 🙂 thank you for the fast answer!

It's alright - just lucky timing is all ^.^
...I seem to be having a similar problem!

Try putting the sticks in A1 and A2 and see if it works. In my system the "B" slots on the right seem to be causing issues.
In terms of performance I don't know what it means - but in terms of stability it's the only thing that works for me.

Switching into A1 B1 doesn't show any benefits 😕

A1 and A2 ....not A1 and B1

MNMadman
Level 8
Note that keeping both sticks in the A slots (or both in the B slots, for that matter) results in single-channel mode. That is likely why they are working, as single-channel mode is less stressful on the CPU's memory controller.

What's the G.Skill part number for your RAM kit?

Things that help memory stability:
RAM sticks with Samsung B memory chips
Using 0902 BIOS (get it here - elmor is ASUS R&D and a world-renowned overclocker)
SOC adjusted higher (1.2v is considered maximum for 24/7 usage)
VTTDDR (first setting in Tweaker's Paradise) adjusted higher (0.80520 or the next step up)
DRAM Boot (bottom setting in External Digi+ menu) adjusted higher when using 1.35v for DRAM voltage (Auto is 1.2v and it needs to be at least 1.35v for 1.35v RAM to boot correctly)

Read through that Overclock.Net thread for even more advice.

Hey !;)

the part Number is F4-3200C15D-32GTZKW . (2x)

Do you think Q-Code 24 is related to RAM-Problems?

There are no more System-Crashes today.

FuryA
Level 8
New bios has released
Try to update BIOS 0902 was released last Friday,

I already updated to 0902, System is working stable now. But the 24 is still shown permanently.