Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Q-Code 24

ROG Enthusiast Array

The 24 is just a status code. Nothing to worry about.

New ROGer Array

My Message from Support on this very issue.

This is the Response I got from Support.

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support, my name is Romaine S. I do hope you are having a wonderful day today.

The meaning of Q-codes being displayed on your CROSSHAIR VI HERO motherboard are as follow:

24 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes

44 - OEM post memory initialization codes

The OEM pre-memory initialization codes means the CPU is trying to make sense of what sticks of ram are on the motherboard.

Please try clearing the CMOS of your motherboard by removing the CMOS battery off the motherboard for 15 seconds and reseating it back.

This should be done with your computer shutdown and unplug from the power outlet.

Clearing CMOS didn't help me, but my system has been running stable since I assembled it. Sometimes I see the 24, sometimes (less often) I see the 44.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Freosan View Post
    This is the Response I got from Support.

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support, my name is Romaine S. I do hope you are having a wonderful day today.

The meaning of Q-codes being displayed on your CROSSHAIR VI HERO motherboard are as follow:

24 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes

44 - OEM post memory initialization codes

The OEM pre-memory initialization codes means the CPU is trying to make sense of what sticks of ram are on the motherboard.

Please try clearing the CMOS of your motherboard by removing the CMOS battery off the motherboard for 15 seconds and reseating it back.

This should be done with your computer shutdown and unplug from the power outlet.

Clearing CMOS didn't help me, but my system has been running stable since I assembled it. Sometimes I see the 24, sometimes (less often) I see the 44.
    I have the same 24 code with Trident RGB. System seems to work fine though regardless, except for the Trident not showing up in the Aura software.

ROG Enthusiast Array

In my case when the PC reboots and shows Q-Code 8 and a blinking led it is because system was unstable.

In my case was always because the lack of vcore.

PD: Don't trust people with 1700 that says that they can run a 1700 at 4Ghz with 1.35vcore. They need to use a proper stress test. Aida64 stress test is WEAK.

ROG Enthusiast Array AtrixfizIeo PC Specs
    AtrixfizIeo PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI hero
    Processor1700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX 1080
    Monitor1 34'' LG ultrawide, 1 55'' Samsung 4K
    Storage #1Toshiba 128GB SSD, samsung evo 840 512GB SSD
    Storage #2(2) WD 2TB HDD, 1 WD 4TB, XPG M.2 1TB
    CPU CoolerH110I
    CaseLian Li Lancool One Digital
    Power SupplyEVGA 850
    Keyboard G910 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Corsair Dark Orb
    Headset Corsair Void Pro RGB
    OS Windows 10 pro Advanced

Just wanted to post up, say I am also getting random code 24 and 44, also with Trident RGB 3000. System is 100% usable tho.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Knoevenagel View Post
    I already updated to 0902, System is working stable now. But the 24 is still shown permanently.
    24 is not an error, it's shown on all boards after OS handover.

ROG Member Array m0nt3 PC Specs
    m0nt3 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix RX 480 OC
    Sound CardS1220
    MonitorLG IPS235*2
    CPU CoolerWraith Spire
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe
    Power SupplyeVGA Supernova G2 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser HD518
    OS Arch Linux

Interesetingly enough, Windows will give me 24, Ubuntu will give me 24, however Arch and Manjaro both give me 00.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by m0nt3 View Post
    Interesetingly enough, Windows will give me 24, Ubuntu will give me 24, however Arch and Manjaro both give me 00.
    I may have found the solution. I had the crash occur once yesterday when I went out and twice this morning as I was watching TV and not doing anything on my computer. I have seen the problem on Fedora 26 as well as Ubuntu. So I ruled out a bug in the distribution. I didn't see it yet with Gentoo where I have the dpms permanently disabled.

I put this line in .bashrc and the problem seems gone :
    xset -dpms s off s noblank s 0 0 s noexpose

I seems that the screen goes off and we can't turn it back on. Before you assume that your PC is crashed, try to ssh to it, I bet it would respond.
    I had seen that behavior before on an ARM board, first I see it on an amd64 board.

Michel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2