cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C6H Bios issues

Jeffrey_Hramika
Level 7
Weird stuff I got home today and booted my computer it came up hit F1. So I did and went into Bios I checked everything out and quit and saved. Screen came up and said Bios updating don't shut down. Can the Bios automatically download a update and install it on its own? Any how the machine reboots looks normal running thru codes but after 10 minutes it is still cycling codes. So I push the power button to power off and it she's down. I let it set a minute pull cord and clear Cmos. I reply hit the power and nothing. All lights are on the board don't seem like it is powering up. This is crazy stuff. I don't see a dual Bios so how the he'll did this Bios DE idea to update.
5 REPLIES 5

MNMadman
Level 8
It's a known issue with the C6H board -- it can randomly come up with that BIOS Updating message with early BIOSes. The 0902 BIOS prevents the issue ... but once the problem happens it might not be able to fix it.

Put the 0902 BIOS on a USB stick and try to get the USB BIOS Flashback to work. You might be able to save your board that way. If it doesn't work then it's time to RMA.

MNMadman wrote:
It's a known issue with the C6H board -- it can randomly come up with that BIOS Updating message with early BIOSes. The 0902 BIOS prevents the issue ... but once the problem happens it might not be able to fix it.

Put the 0902 BIOS on a USB stick and try to get the USB BIOS Flashback to work. You might be able to save your board that way. If it doesn't work then it's time to RMA.

Lol why I was booting up to go download it. The bug beat me to. Oh well taking it back to Micro Center. I did flash the Bios but no power now. Anyone else notice at 3 pm eastren the 902 Bios wasp up on Asus site and all others gone. 6 pm afterward issue went to neighbors to download it and try and the 902 is gone from their site.

Jeffrey Hramika wrote:
Lol why I was booting up to go download it. The bug beat me to. Oh well taking it back to Micro Center. I did flash the Bios but no power now. Anyone else notice at 3 pm eastren the 902 Bios wasp up on Asus site and all others gone. 6 pm afterward issue went to neighbors to download it and try and the 902 is gone from their site.

FYI -- it's back again, and the only choice.

Bahz
Level 12
Try the USB BIOS Flashback method and also try clearing the CMOS as maybe the BIOS update isn't corrupted.
A. Clear CMOS by pressing the CLR CMOS button a couple of times (hold it in for 5 seconds). If this does not work, try step B.
B. Power down the system, remove the CMOS battery from the system for 5 mins, then reseat the battery and retest. If this does not work, try Step C.
C. Power down the system, remove the CPU, and use only one memory module, then clear CMOS and retest.

Raja
Level 13
Jeffrey Hramika wrote:
Weird stuff I got home today and booted my computer it came up hit F1. So I did and went into Bios I checked everything out and quit and saved. Screen came up and said Bios updating don't shut down. Can the Bios automatically download a update and install it on its own? Any how the machine reboots looks normal running thru codes but after 10 minutes it is still cycling codes. So I push the power button to power off and it she's down. I let it set a minute pull cord and clear Cmos. I reply hit the power and nothing. All lights are on the board don't seem like it is powering up. This is crazy stuff. I don't see a dual Bios so how the he'll did this Bios DE idea to update.

If - as implied by your post - the board doesn't power on when you press the "start" button, you will need to RMA it.