Thread: C6H Bios issues

New ROGer Array

C6H Bios issues

Weird stuff I got home today and booted my computer it came up hit F1. So I did and went into Bios I checked everything out and quit and saved. Screen came up and said Bios updating don't shut down. Can the Bios automatically download a update and install it on its own? Any how the machine reboots looks normal running thru codes but after 10 minutes it is still cycling codes. So I push the power button to power off and it she's down. I let it set a minute pull cord and clear Cmos. I reply hit the power and nothing. All lights are on the board don't seem like it is powering up. This is crazy stuff. I don't see a dual Bios so how the he'll did this Bios DE idea to update.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array MNMadman PC Specs
    MNMadman PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen R7 2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX 2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia TITAN Xp Jedi Order Collectors Edition
    MonitorAcer XB270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 2TB NVMe
    CPU CoolerCustom Liquid Cooling Loop
    CasePrimoChill Praxis WetBench White/Black
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000i
    Keyboard Logitech G Pro
    Mouse Logitech G Pro
    Headset Logitech G633
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1803

It's a known issue with the C6H board -- it can randomly come up with that BIOS Updating message with early BIOSes. The 0902 BIOS prevents the issue ... but once the problem happens it might not be able to fix it.

Put the 0902 BIOS on a USB stick and try to get the USB BIOS Flashback to work. You might be able to save your board that way. If it doesn't work then it's time to RMA.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MNMadman View Post
    It's a known issue with the C6H board -- it can randomly come up with that BIOS Updating message with early BIOSes. The 0902 BIOS prevents the issue ... but once the problem happens it might not be able to fix it.

Put the 0902 BIOS on a USB stick and try to get the USB BIOS Flashback to work. You might be able to save your board that way. If it doesn't work then it's time to RMA.
    Lol why I was booting up to go download it. The bug beat me to. Oh well taking it back to Micro Center. I did flash the Bios but no power now. Anyone else notice at 3 pm eastren the 902 Bios wasp up on Asus site and all others gone. 6 pm afterward issue went to neighbors to download it and try and the 902 is gone from their site.

Ex-employee Array

Try the USB BIOS Flashback method and also try clearing the CMOS as maybe the BIOS update isn't corrupted.
    A. Clear CMOS by pressing the CLR CMOS button a couple of times (hold it in for 5 seconds). If this does not work, try step B.
    B. Power down the system, remove the CMOS battery from the system for 5 mins, then reseat the battery and retest. If this does not work, try Step C.
    C. Power down the system, remove the CPU, and use only one memory module, then clear CMOS and retest.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hramika View Post
    Weird stuff I got home today and booted my computer it came up hit F1. So I did and went into Bios I checked everything out and quit and saved. Screen came up and said Bios updating don't shut down. Can the Bios automatically download a update and install it on its own? Any how the machine reboots looks normal running thru codes but after 10 minutes it is still cycling codes. So I push the power button to power off and it she's down. I let it set a minute pull cord and clear Cmos. I reply hit the power and nothing. All lights are on the board don't seem like it is powering up. This is crazy stuff. I don't see a dual Bios so how the he'll did this Bios DE idea to update.

If - as implied by your post - the board doesn't power on when you press the "start" button, you will need to RMA it.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array MNMadman PC Specs
    MNMadman PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen R7 2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX 2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia TITAN Xp Jedi Order Collectors Edition
    MonitorAcer XB270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 2TB NVMe
    CPU CoolerCustom Liquid Cooling Loop
    CasePrimoChill Praxis WetBench White/Black
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000i
    Keyboard Logitech G Pro
    Mouse Logitech G Pro
    Headset Logitech G633
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1803

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hramika View Post
    Lol why I was booting up to go download it. The bug beat me to. Oh well taking it back to Micro Center. I did flash the Bios but no power now. Anyone else notice at 3 pm eastren the 902 Bios wasp up on Asus site and all others gone. 6 pm afterward issue went to neighbors to download it and try and the 902 is gone from their site.
    FYI -- it's back again, and the only choice.