cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1080Ti Poseidon is coming (maybe)?

Dudi4PoLFr
Level 7
So I have found a news about new "Cashback promotion" from Asus, and I noticed those 4 lines:

Product Cashback
GTX1080TI-11G * € 50,00
POSEIDON-GTX1080TI-P11G-GAMING * € 50,00
STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING * € 50,00
STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING * € 50,00

But 3h after publishing this page they deleted the info (line) about Poseidon 😞
Buy why? NDA for 1080Ti is over and every major manufacturer has already show us theirs AIB 1080Ti. With a precise name like that I don't think that this was invented or a mistake in communication PR -> WebMaster.

Source:
https://www.asus-promotion.com/fr/tac.html
With RoG since Asus Maximus Extreme!
15 REPLIES 15

xeromist
Dudi4PoLFr wrote:
Buy why?

Companies like to control how products are announced. Even if it's just a variant of an existing model ASUS will want to announce it with fanfare rather than via a price or promotion leak.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Hmm so there's a non OC version of strix 1080Ti on that list. I'm interested in learning more about that. Especially pricing in comparison to the OC version.

mr.nonchalant wrote:
Hmm so there's a non OC version of strix 1080Ti on that list. I'm interested in learning more about that. Especially pricing in comparison to the OC version.

Probably $30 cheaper than the OC model.

FuryA
Level 8
Haven't seen Posideon

First will be

STRIX GTX1080Ti
TURBO GTX1080Ti

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
Haven't seen Posideon

First will be

STRIX GTX1080Ti
TURBO GTX1080Ti

@FuryA@ASUS When can we expect the STRIX GTX1080Ti or is that still under embargo and you cannot say?

Menta1 wrote:
@FuryA@ASUS When can we expect the STRIX GTX1080Ti or is that still under embargo and you cannot say?

I would be very interested in a Poseidon version - I'm looking forward to replace my 980TI Poseidon.

Menta1
Level 7

Vlada011
Level 10
Looks like EKWB decide to launch successor of Predator AIO.
I expect better performer, more reliable and nice AIO.
That's everything what one gamer need... EKWB Predator 240 + ASUS Poseidon.
Easiest than that is not possible. Or EKWB Predator 360 + ASUS Formula mobo + ASUS Poseidon GPU, full watercooling.

I hate because economic situation in my region and near 5-6 countries is terrible...
I have so nice idea for builds.
But when time come to choosee watercooling than always some hardware need.

Someone asked for ASUS Strix 1080Ti... Techpowerup finished review...
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_1080_Ti_Strix_OC/

0m3ga
Level 7
Dudi4PoLFr wrote:
So I have found a news about new "Cashback promotion" from Asus, and I noticed those 4 lines:

Product Cashback
GTX1080TI-11G * € 50,00
POSEIDON-GTX1080TI-P11G-GAMING * € 50,00
STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING * € 50,00
STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING * € 50,00

But 3h after publishing this page they deleted the info (line) about Poseidon 😞
Buy why? NDA for 1080Ti is over and every major manufacturer has already show us theirs AIB 1080Ti. With a precise name like that I don't think that this was invented or a mistake in communication PR -> WebMaster.

Source:
https://www.asus-promotion.com/fr/tac.html

You are Right

Here is the Poseidon GTX 1080Ti