cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During Stress Test only The Log Output on Handbrake freezes

MikeS3000
Level 7
So I have been playing with my overclock and voltages and have been trying to do 8 hr Realbench testing. Usually when voltage is too low Realbench causes a bluescreen between 1 and 2 hours and the computer reboots. During my last 2 stability tests, at between 2 and 3 hours the screen shows Luxmark still running, yet the Log Output is frozen on Handbrake encoding and the Realbench main window is unresponsive. Is this a software issue or just a simple sign that my overclock is not stable yet? I never get the message "instabity detected" as other have mentioned, just some frozen tests. The rest of the computer continues to work and I can even force exit Realbench from the task manager.
3 REPLIES 3

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I'd guess it's just slight instability....easy to test raising voltage slightly and testing again..

It's crazy how sensitive Realbench is to slight instability. I'm so used to error messages or bluescreens. I'll try a 0.1 bump on vcore tonight and test again. The only thing that sucks is that I'm at the stability point where it takes hours for instability to rear its ugly head. I'm trying to get 5.0 ghz w/ no AVX offset stable at the lowest voltage possible on my i7 7700k. 1.35v is where the log output froze so up we go in vcore again!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah...try a bump...mostly failures will be instability...as you say RB is darn good at sniffing it out.

Sometimes...once in a blue moon it is some software conflict or bug...but very rarely.