cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faint Grey (very light) horizontal lines noticeable at 120/140hz

Airwolf
Level 7
144hz* - MG248Q - STRIX OC GTX1070

I bought this monitor on Feb 24, so I still have time to return if I want.

The lines are only noticeable at 120 or 140hz and are static on left side. Not really perceivable at 100hz. Not noticeable while gaming, but watching Twitch you can make it out on the left side purple-ish frame and on the streamer if they're on that side. More noticeable with Lightboost.
I've switched display ports on the video card. I have not tried DVI as I don't have a dual link one. With HDMI it's obviously not there since it's only 60hz.
I looked up to see if this was common and I couldn't find very many people having this problem other than the moving scanlines issue. I took a look at the demo at the store and it does have the same issue in the same area, but not as noticeable.

No dead, stuck pixels, or major backlight bleeding is present. I'm little worried that if I exchange this, I might get some of these issues instead.

For the amount that these cost, I'm just a little bit concerned if this is a defect or just the nature of these panels. Should I just deal with it?

Hard to take pictures of it, but here's a couple right and left side comparisons. Right side just looks smoother.
7 REPLIES 7

Bahz
Level 12
I don't think there has been any similar reports of this issue for the MG248Q on the forum. I think it would be wise to try to RMA it first and see if the replacement still has this issue. Before doing so you might also try a different cable as defective cables can cause certain issues like this which is perceived as something wrong with the monitor.

Bahz wrote:
I don't think there has been any similar reports of this issue for the MG248Q on the forum. I think it would be wise to try to RMA it first and see if the replacement still has this issue. Before doing so you might also try a different cable as defective cables can cause certain issues like this which is perceived as something wrong with the monitor.

I'll try DVI-D Dual Link from work though it's kinda pricy, but I can return it obviously if the lines are still there. I have time still to exchange the monitor too.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will report back the result.

Airwolf wrote:
I'll try DVI-D Dual Link from work though it's kinda pricy, but I can return it obviously if the lines are still there. I have time still to exchange the monitor too.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will report back the result.

Thanks that's great as I do also want to know if this is an issue with the panel or not, if it is then I will report this information to our display team.

Bahz wrote:
Thanks that's great as I do also want to know if this is an issue with the panel or not, if it is then I will report this information to our display team.

DVI-D Dual Link cable is in and the lines are still there. What do you suggest? Sitting back enough you don't really notice it, but the fact it's there is bothersome.

Intensity of lines fades going from 144 > 120 > 100 > 85 non existent but there if you look hard enough.

I added two more photos. Same left side, bottom and top of the panel.

Airwolf
Level 7
63256 Figured you might want this info.

Airwolf
Level 7
I'm going to exchange it. Did you want me to send you the RMA # since I work where I bought it?

Exchanged it. I went with one with a G6LM serial number instead of G9LM serial number. The demo is a G6LM which had it but not as bad.

The one now is like the demo. This is pretty much non existent compared to the G9LM. I can live with this.