cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth gaming headset

chilinmichael
Level 10
Looking for suggestions here, have Razer Kraken 7.1 USB headset, looking to ditch the wire. I'd like something Bluetooth, decent audio quality with mic. I don't online game much, and it's mainly for Forza Horizon when I'm chatting while driving against others.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.
2 REPLIES 2

chilinmichael
Level 10
I want stereo for sure, and I noticed that my Powerbeats Wireless 2 has three major issues in Win 10 with my PC.

1- Using it for Xbox live communication via the Win 10app, sounds like an old phone, almost AM radio quality in comparison to my Kraken 7.1
2- Delay of about 1 second in gaming
3- When using it for communication, audio from the game won't play (quite the deal breaker)

Needless to say, BT is good for some things and not others it seems. I decided to try my existing headphones out since they are great with my iPhone and have superb audio quality vs much of the competition. Not so much with the PC, and apparently I'm not alone with the trying to use BT for gaming world. I googled quite a bit and I think I'll stick with my Kraken, despite the sub-par bass response (it's kinda muddy/quits on low frequencies).

Edit: Also note the reason for this was to reduce wires. Yes, I'll admit I'm that OCD. Almost everyone that comes over to see my setup goes "How come I can't get my wires that clean", I like nothing to show and everything to function perfect. Unfortunately, again, BT doesn't seem to be a viable solution here
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.