cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios problem 0902 and does Crosshair VI Hero supports Vengeance Led DDR4 3200?

MeQira
Level 7
Hello everyone,

Is there any problem with Vengeance Led 3200 2x8Gb. I couldn't find "CMU16GX4M2C32200C16R" on memory support page and worker of computer store said that mainboard is supports 3200mhz memory and gave me that memory. But when i checked box of mainboard i can't see that mainboard supports 3200 mhz. Only says "max 4 x dim 64 gb 2666mhz/" and lower. It's same about handbook of mainboard. Should i change my ram?

And another problem about bios. I've checked bios 0902 few days ago and it was in beta and yesterday i saw that 0902 released, so i wanted to try it. But it made me regret and really don't know why did they remove 0702 version from website. It's really weird and when i clear cmos, it's still show 0902 version. System really freezes randomly, can't play any games, temp shows 65-70 at iddle, cpu works 1ghz and voltage between 0,4 and 0,8.How can these things happen with republic of gamers mainboard. Other users already got high K mmr and etc. We still waiting for boot our computer. And i'm really bored from solitare.

(And my few angry things about this mainboard)
Dear Asus, this is not early access game or dayZ. You design this mainboard for gamers and overlockers but that was really logical to place bios cell beside graphic card slot. So when i wanna remove cell, firstly i have to remove my graphic card... And i play piano, i have thin fingers but they are really big and useless to use jumper, because you place that thing most weird place on the board. Thank you that you sell bad mood for a lot of money.
27 REPLIES 27

AndehX
Level 7
you do realize that there is a clear CMOS button on the back of the board next to the USB ports right? If you can't even work that out, maybe you shouldn't be tinkering with overclocking stuff....

AndehX wrote:
you do realize that there is a clear CMOS button on the back of the board next to the USB ports right? If you can't even work that out, maybe you shouldn't be tinkering with overclocking stuff....

Hello! Typical writer of forums or fanboy. Whatever...

MeQira wrote:
Hello! Typical writer of forums or fanboy. Whatever...

Excuse me? This is a forum for help and advice. It's not the place for childish insults.

If you say you've reset the bios using the button, then why are you trying to remove the battery? The button works just fine. There is no need to remove the battery. Resetting the bios or removing the battery will not make it revert back to a previous bios version. Once 0902 is flashed, it is there until you flash a different version.

AndehX wrote:
Excuse me? This is a forum for help and advice. It's not the place for childish insults.

Yes, that's the point. I'm glad that you learned it.

And i'm confused about bios. When i bought it, bios version was 0702. I've removed cell because i tried many times to back 0702 with using "clear cmos" which button exist rear panel and all fan settings are gone but version was still 0902. So i removed cell and after that bios version was 0503 or 0508.

In my country we are not that lucky to upgrade systems or buy new computer every year. My old mainboard has dual bios and i don't know a lot of things about C6H. I didn't search a lot things, because I'm a tired hardcore fsx user whom just lost 1.5 TB addons, tweaks of that game.

MeQira wrote:
Yes, that's the point. I'm glad that you learned it.

Sorry but I wont be offering any more help or advice with that attitude.

AndehX wrote:

agreed with Arne.

the way that's phrased is as if you're standing on high pedestal of Overclockers looking down on mere noobs, and they shouldn't even try for making a minor mistake.

i do too read you said in other thread you had like what, 15 years of experience?
while i may not have that much experience (well, i destroyed quite a bit of PCs starting from intel 486, did overclocking via FSB, taking care of PCI/AGP ratio, and who remembers drawing pencil lines on L1 bridge on K7 athlons?)

and i wouldn't use that kind of condescending tone first unless provoked.
i'm not even surprised that OP did a knee-jerk counter retort.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
agreed with Arne.

the way that's phrased is as if you're standing on high pedestal of Overclockers looking down on mere noobs, and they shouldn't even try for making a minor mistake.

and i wouldn't use that kind of condescending tone first unless provoked.

It wasn't supposed to sound condescending or as if I was looking down on anyone. It was genuine advice that if you do not even know how to properly clear the CMOS, then you shouldn't really be messing with overclocking. That is genuine advice to avoid having to RMA a motherboard.

Hi,

I am new to the forum but not the world of computing (C16) day's :rolleyes:.

I tried some Vengeance Led ddr4 2666 and it only clocks at 2133 anything higher and the system wont boot.

I was one of the lucky or not so lucky ones to get my Ryzen and Asus vi hero on release day and while I have been impressed overall I am also disappointed to me it seems Asus is in disarray with this board and the bios is unacceptable at the moment now don't get me wrong the current 902 is the most stable apart from losing total control of the fans in my system at least I can get it to boot every time now. I have to ask who does the testing at Asus because if they worked for me they would be collecting there P45 it should of had a fully functional Bios on release instead we got a ticking time bomb every time we pressed the power on button it was like Russian roulette will it brick or not. I spoke to my local supplier about this and they informed me 65% of the Asus boards they had sold had been returned that is an insane figure and the amount of calls they had because memory was only clocking at 2133 the staff in all honesty looked very dejected to the point if anybody had of entered the shop asking about Ryzen might of actually come to some harm. I don't know if anybody from Asus reads these forums but if was in charge nobody would be going home until this was fixed.

Sorry for posting in here for some reason this is the only place it would let me I couldn't even post in the introduce yourself thread.

Lee

This has to be the worst release of probably one of the most anticipated platforms for a long time.

I back 0902 again to try fan settings but now i'm sure 75 celsius is the max cpu temp on bios whatever i do cooler works %100 after 75 celsius. I turned on power effiency mode it's looks okay now if i don't force cpu. But i'm worry about voltage is there any bug about voltage or 1.4 is real voltage on bios?