cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JS Laptop still doesn't work after you changed graphics card

TreeFall
Level 7
Hello everyone,
a couple of months ago my brothers G750JS just started lagging in games, we're talking 40 fps in csgo. I looked all over the internet seeing if maybe he had messed with some settings. I quickly figured out that the graphics card were somehow busted. We sent it to Asus center or something like that in Uppsala, Sweden. Today it got back and the laptop still isn't working. I have reinstalled the drivers, inactivated it in taskmanager but neither of it works. If any of you guys could give me some tips that would be awesome.

Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ Processor
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX870M 3GB
RAM: 8GB
STORAGE: 128ssd and 1tb HDD

He was really excited to start playing CS:GO again so please help us out if you know anything that might help him.

Best regards,
Alexander
4 REPLIES 4

JustinThyme
Level 13
When you say it isn't working you mean no display or just not what you are expecting performance wise. Big difference.
Graphics adapters normally don't just start lacking in performance. They either work or they dont.
If you are speaking of reduced performance I would be looking at maybe if its overheating from needing a good cleaning or other dirver or software related issues. Some malware or viruses can also cause issues.

If it doesn't work at all send it back to the facility you had sent it to.

Im leaning towards needing a good cleaning on a 3 year old machine.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
When you say it isn't working you mean no display or just not what you are expecting performance wise. Big difference.
Graphics adapters normally don't just start lacking in performance. They either work or they dont.
If you are speaking of reduced performance I would be looking at maybe if its overheating from needing a good cleaning or other dirver or software related issues. Some malware or viruses can also cause issues.

If it doesn't work at all send it back to the facility you had sent it to.

Im leaning towards needing a good cleaning on a 3 year old machine.

Hello, when we try to open nvidia controlpanel it says that there is no Nvidia GPU connected to a monitor.
We reinstalled windows and we have updated the drivers. They cleaned it at the facility and applied new thermal paste since they switched the whole gpu

TreeFall wrote:
Hello, when we try to open nvidia controlpanel it says that there is no Nvidia GPU connected to a monitor.
We reinstalled windows and we have updated the drivers. They cleaned it at the facility and applied new thermal paste since they switched the whole gpu

This issue has been very prevalent of late; all I know personally is that it seems to be something Windows 10 is doing which mucks about with the drivers.

If force-reinstalling the latest NVIDIA drivers does not work, please get in contact with ASUS support.

xeromist
I would talk to support again. Try to find out if there were any notes on what work was actually done. Perhaps the problem did not manifest for them so they did not actually change the GPU or they did something else.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…