Did you mean: 

1080 and 1080ti in sli?

Sverre
Level 9
Can you set a 1080 and a 1080ti in sli?
[/URL]
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
I don't believe that will work and even if it did you would hamstring the Ti. The 1080 Ti is not just an overclocked 1080. The Ti is actually a closer relative to a TitanX under the hood. If I was you I'd pick up another Strix or sell the Strix and buy a Ti.

That said, theoretically it should work with DX12 MDA but that's not a widely supported feature yet.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Heini
Level 11
No, they will not SLI togethr. The GPU (100,102,104) architecture must match AND the memory count (8gb vs 11gb vs 12gb) must be the same. Sorry!

Sverre
Level 9
Will it be be better to buy a 1080ti than a second 1080 then? I'll be waiting for the ROG Strix OC Gaming anyway, which I guess is some time away.
[/URL]

Menthol
Level 14
2 1080 in sli should be faster in games that support sli but a single 1080ti will perform better in games that don't and have less issues overall

kkn
Level 14
majority of the new games do not suport SLI, and IF they do they are crappy whit it.
this from bf1 experience.

Sverre
Level 9
I didn't build this PC for needs, but out of pure fun, so, yeah, there will be a second card. 😉
[/URL]